GEN 2 Raptors with frikkin’ lasers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What could be cooler than a Raptor with frikkin lasers?

Maybe lasers and LP4’s?
Not that I really needed more but I wanted more ;-) So I decided to pick up some LP4’s for the bumper and throw in some lasers. I thought I could get away with drilling the bumper, but my shop projects don’t usually go to plan so I opted for the NFAB bumper mount.

This isn’t my first go around with the n-fab light bar
This time I got the lower profile bar and went for it.

The first thing you have to do is pull the bumper cover and cut it for the bar. I never got this far the first time but this time I spent about 45 minutes measuring twice and pondering what the truck would look like over a pint. I started with a drill bit, 3/8” if I recall and started to free hand straight lines with a straight edge. That wasn’t looking good, so I broke out some dial calipers and measured from mid point of the closest tabs top and bottom, then got good, straight-ish cuts with a dremel.

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg
Next you mount the tabs to the bumper bolts and hope your cover cuts were good. Mine were almost there. I trimmed a few more times. The cut really comes close to the top of the bumper cover and has to be about 2.25” long to clear the tabs and re-install. I really hope I don’t have to take this thing off.

Now you mount the bar, loosely. I got it level and then tightened the bar. Next, I got lights fitted loosely, pointed in the right direction and sort of tightened. Now it’s time to run the wires.

So, I already have S8 + XL80’s on up fitter 1. 2/3/4 are squadrons, as is 6- rear facing. So, up fitter 2 is getting a relay & the LP4’s + a pair of squadron pros. Up fitter 1 is getting the S1 Lasers. Right about now, I’m regretting not having cut extra wire off the previously installed harnesses. So I untangle that mess, cut some harnesses to length and now have room to find out that the S1 harness will be about 8 inches too short. I join another harness to reach the driver’s side.

I get it all buttoned up and everything but the lasers work. Bad crimp. Fixed it, and got them working. they are quite bright against the garage door. I tighten all the bolts to the lights but leave a little so that I can move the lights with force for final aiming.
IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

Camera view:
IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

Not terrible. Certainly not as bad as the original bar I bought way back when. Not time for real night shots, but let’s let the neighbors know we’re home.

low beams:
IMG_5110.jpg

low beams + S8+XL80s+S1 lasers
IMG_5111.jpg

Now add 2x squadron pro spots+LP4 combo pair
IMG_5112.jpg

In the pictures, it’s difficult to appreciate the extra oomph the LP4’s add. I get almost as much usable light as the S8+XL80’s, but I’m sure some longer range shots will illustrate better.

Merry Christmas y’all.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nice. I’m working on a hard mount point

img_2929-jpg.270243