Raptors Stolen from Dearborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were 3 Raptors stolen from the lot last Fall. FRF member Stan G bought one of them from a dealer in the Dearborn area due to the uncertainty of ever seeing the truck he'd ordered.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2001 HD F150 back in 2001......truck was stolen off the dealer's lot and joy rided around town......stole both airbags and the tailgate......I got the truck for about $10K off with 100 miles on it.......these trucks would probably still bring premium money
You can just about guarantee it. There is a dealer in Houston with a used 35 and they're asking 15K over MSRP... For a freaking USED truck... That and the guy wouldn't even start to negotiate. It was a hard no out of the gate. These people have lost their minds.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many guys driving and flying across the country to dealerships in far away states to pick up their trucks. If Ford really had a "Better Idea" they'd allow the customer pay at the dealership then do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) on these trucks at the factory and let the owner pick them up there. Shoot, I'd pay extra for that if they included a tour of the F150 plant.
I'd consider that a vacation.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many guys driving and flying across the country to dealerships in far away states to pick up their trucks. If Ford really had a "Better Idea" they'd allow the customer pay at the dealership then do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) on these trucks at the factory and let the owner pick them up there. Shoot, I'd pay extra for that if they included a tour of the F150 plant.
I am sure FORD would love to accommodate that, (even better if you could just place your order with ford and first come first serve get delivered to the dealer of choice), however, it is your local dealer who is competing for limited allocations... even with that dealer across the country, that wants no part of it

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure FORD would love to accommodate that, (even better if you could just place your order with ford and first come first serve get delivered to the dealer of choice), however, it is your local dealer who is competing for limited allocations... even with that dealer across the country, that wants no part of it
What I don't understand is why Ford doesn't satisfy the customer orders that have been placed 8 or 9 months ago (some even longer) that are still waiting on their trucks while dealerships across the country are receiving and selling uncommitted Raptors on their lots. Most with large ADM's mind you! Maybe I just answered my own question... (large ADM's)

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why Ford doesn't satisfy the customer orders that have been placed 8 or 9 months ago (some even longer) that are still waiting on their trucks while dealerships across the country are receiving and selling uncommitted Raptors on their lots. Most with large ADM's mind you! Maybe I just answered my own question... (large ADM's)

The dealers that have uncommitted trucks have a proven track record of sales. Ford rewards their top earning dealerships with more allocations. If anyone is waiting 9+ months that is because the dealer they purchased from sold them a truck without an allocation slot. That isn't Fords fault, that is the dealerships responsibility to be transparent and the customers job to do their due diligence.

If you ran a small biz with salespeople, would you pay your top salesperson the same bonus as your salesperson selling the least?

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
The dealers that have uncommitted trucks have a proven track record of sales. Ford rewards their top earning dealerships with more allocations. If anyone is waiting 9+ months that is because the dealer they purchased from sold them a truck without an allocation slot. That isn't Fords fault, that is the dealerships responsibility to be transparent and the customers job to do their due diligence.

If you ran a small biz with salespeople, would you pay your top salesperson the same bonus as your salesperson selling the least?
It's actually not an "uncommitted" raptor. It is the fact that those dealers order under a name, then back it out of that customers name when it gets there. It is why Ford now requires 80% match, with it bumping to 85% next year.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then swing across to Silver Lake Sand Dunes on vacation day 2 or 3? LOL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts