Raptors Stolen from Dearborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are so many guys driving and flying across the country to dealerships in far away states to pick up their trucks. If Ford really had a "Better Idea" they'd allow the customer pay at the dealership then do the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) on these trucks at the factory and let the owner pick them up there. Shoot, I'd pay extra for that if they included a tour of the F150 plant.
I'd consider that a vacation.
I like your thought process. Unfortunately, we can all thank franchise laws and lobbyists for the reason it’s illegal for that method of purchase to occur. The middle man needs his cut, regardless of the fact that it’s worse for both the manufacturer and consumer.

rudychan

Reaction score
I see you're in Jersey, when were your built and shipped dates? I'm trying to gauge when my truck coming to Maryland might be on its way, built 5/31 and still "awaiting shipment"
This was someone else’s order I don’t know the build date. It was already built when the dealer contacted me. Estimated arrival is mid July I hope. The original order was back on 10/21. Hope this helps. Good luck to you

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your thought process. Unfortunately, we can all thank franchise laws and lobbyists for the reason it’s illegal for that method of purchase to occur. The middle man needs his cut, regardless of the fact that it’s worse for both the manufacturer and consumer.
I'm not inferring that we should cut the middle man out. We need the dealerships. As I stated, do the ordering, complete the paperwork and financing at the dealership, and importantly follow up with service and warranty work there as well. I'm just referring to the delivery process and am willing to pay them for providing that option.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
I’m beginning to worry that my build was one of these. Timeline is dead on. I got the emial that it was built on 6/11 and they were preparing shipping. Still no word/update on shipping. That would be about par for my luck..

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m beginning to worry that my build was one of these. Timeline is dead on. I got the emial that it was built on 6/11 and they were preparing shipping. Still no word/update on shipping. That would be about par for my luck..
Mine was built one week before yours and I had the same concern. I contacted Ford Performance (link below) via the chat. Found out that my truck was sitting in a railyard in Jessup Md. Eased my mind a bit. Good luck my friend, it won't be long now...

PeakPressureGarage

Reaction score
Mine was built one week before yours and I had the same concern. I contacted Ford Performance (link below) via the chat. Found out that my truck was sitting in a railyard in Jessup Md. Eased my mind a bit. Good luck my friend, it won't be long now...
Yours is sitting 15 minutes away from me while mine is sitting in Dearborn lol