Raptors and dirt bikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Love and always wanted one! Those v engines sound bad ass! Did read those engines had some issues tho which kept me away
The engines were a total nightmare. You were smart to avoid them. They either worked great or were garbage. I was lucky and scored a good one. The casting were extremely bad. So porous that oil would seep through the aluminum casting into the water jackets. 220 lbs and 70hp was a hoot.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Maico breako! Beautiful bike. I remember back in the day racing against that bike. They were beautiful, but didn't seem to hold together long.
For sure. I had two issues with mine. First was the rear shock blew the seals out. Second was the cylinder blew out the base gasket. That one was interesting as it was sucking in air and created a runaway motor situation. Immediately it went to full throttle and the kill switch wouldn't shut it down. Major pucker factor. lol

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the dirt version but the Aprilia SXV550 was an absolute riot on the streets.
View attachment 343034

I love those!! Nolan do any work on it yet?

Not a dirt bike but I had RS660 #8 in the US along with an RSV4 RF LE. Besides an R6 for the track, I never could get use to an I4 compared to the twins or V4's. I gave riding up last year (36 years old) due to old injuries/surgeries, etc. I miss it so bad:(