RAPTORING THE NORTH RIM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drove to Texas 27 years ago from BC in August, on the way back through Pheonix it was over 100f at night (August), driving my old mustang (it didn't have a/c back then), we had to buy cowboy hats to wear and every time we stopped for gas we bought large bottles of water and filled our hats and then put it on our heads to cool us off, did the Tuscon thing and of course the Grand Canyon, what an awe inspiring experience, pictures don't do it justice, to stand on the edge of the rocks and look down, its something you can't describe, but you have to see for your own eyes. I remember driving up the north rim home the next morning and there was snow on the ground, it was September by then I think, going to have to go look for those old polaroid pictures, no cell phones then, ha ha.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Drove to Texas 27 years ago from BC in August, on the way back through Pheonix it was over 100f at night (August), driving my old mustang (it didn't have a/c back then), we had to buy cowboy hats to wear and every time we stopped for gas we bought large bottles of water and filled our hats and then put it on our heads to cool us off, did the Tuscon thing and of course the Grand Canyon, what an awe inspiring experience, pictures don't do it justice, to stand on the edge of the rocks and look down, its something you can't describe, but you have to see for your own eyes. I remember driving up the north rim home the next morning and there was snow on the ground, it was September by then I think, going to have to go look for those old polaroid pictures, no cell phones then, ha ha.
Great story, sounds like my neighbor an Old car guy from Waaaay back. Told me stories of Dry Ice Covered in Burlap for A/C.... WTF??? The Old Days...

Last edited: