Raptor with an XLT grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you're (obviously) gonna get a lot of negative opinions on this post but I share your opinion: A Raptor with the 2019-2020 grill + headlights would look amazing. The non-Raptor grill + headlights on the 2019-2020 F150s would complement the aggressive style of the Gen 2 better than the 2017-2018 Raptor grill + headlight design (IMHO). I would prefer the Platinum/KR/Lariat style grill in all black but the open honeycomb grill on the XLT would look good too.

Ive searched high and low for the exact same combo youre looking for. The only thing I found is the V8 Raptor by Pax Power. It appears the Raptor bumper + fenders will work with '19-'20 non-raptor grill + headlights. I reached out to Pax Power several months ago about this combination and crickets...
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
Are you planning on taking the leap?

OP
OP
K

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
So, you're (obviously) gonna get a lot of negative opinions on this post but I share your opinion: A Raptor with the 2019-2020 grill + headlights would look amazing. The non-Raptor grill + headlights on the 2019-2020 F150s would complement the aggressive style of the Gen 2 better than the 2017-2018 Raptor grill + headlight design (IMHO). I would prefer the Platinum/KR/Lariat style grill in all black but the open honeycomb grill on the XLT would look good too.

Ive searched high and low for the exact same combo youre looking for. The only thing I found is the V8 Raptor by Pax Power. It appears the Raptor bumper + fenders will work with '19-'20 non-raptor grill + headlights. I reached out to Pax Power several months ago about this combination and crickets...
View attachment 360818
View attachment 360819

I've been thinking about it for a while now, but as of now don't want to purchaew new headlights just as an experiment. However, my dad has the '18 KR and I should be seeing him next month and I'll give it a try then.

If then I know it fits...I'll take the leap and cross my fingers they work haha

I'll probably go for the lariat/STX grill whatever it is and maybe aftermarket headlights to still get the amber DRL outline.

OP
OP
K

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
I was recently in Alaska and passed a gen2 on the highway who had "Raptor" in place of the Ford in the grille. In the 2 second glancing pass @ 65MPH, I liked the look. I haven't been able to find anything like it online though. A big reason I went with the tailgate applique delete on my 2017 was a dislike for the giant FORD across the back (would have preferred RAPTOR).

Have only found these, and it isn't for me: link
Yup these and the ones I see on AmericanTruck are all I see. I may have to go the route of swapping the headlights if I want the grill that badly...

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 360818
View attachment 360819
I asked Pax about this a couple years ago as well. They said that the truck pictured is a 2019 and they custom made a lower trim valance to match the raptor fenders. They used the OEM 18-20 lower balance and grafted the headlight extensions from the 15-20 raptor. I would think a good body shop should be Able to do one.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Pax about this a couple years ago as well. They said that the truck pictured is a 2019 and they custom made a lower trim valance to match the raptor fenders. They used the OEM 18-20 lower balance and grafted the headlight extensions from the 15-20 raptor. I would think a good body shop should be Able to do one.
Sounds like, the non-Raptor grill and headlights can be swapped and maintain drive-ability while the custom valence is fabricated/grafted. The sequence/schedule was my concern. As in, if I take this apart and make the swap, can I get it back on the road over a weekend...just have the gap at the valence.

OP
OP
K

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
Definitely seems to be more steps then a simple grill swap...I'd love to do this but cost definitely seems to keep going up. Saving up for an intercooler first...too many wants on the mod list

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like, the non-Raptor grill and headlights can be swapped and maintain drive-ability while the custom valence is fabricated/grafted. The sequence/schedule was my concern. As in, if I take this apart and make the swap, can I get it back on the road over a weekend...just have the gap at the valence.
Yes, you could swap the grill and headlights, and drive the truck while you have the valance fabricated. If you’re on Facebook, check the raptor swapped page, you’ll find a few people that have done it.