Raptor with an XLT grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
I know a lot of people put the raptor front grill on regular F150 vehicles. I've tried searching but can't find anyone that's doke the other way around. Specifically the XLT Sport grill is my favorite especially color matched. Was hoping there would be a way I can get one for the Raptor but not sure the design of the headlights will line up. Anyone have experience with this?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe its an easy swap if you have the supporting headlights..
I know a lot of people put the raptor front grill on regular F150 vehicles. I've tried searching but can't find anyone that's doke the other way around. Specifically the XLT Sport grill is my favorite especially color matched. Was hoping there would be a way I can get one for the Raptor but not sure the design of the headlights will line up. Anyone have experience with this?

I was referring to this grill...
View attachment 360392

i believe its an easy swap if you have the supporting headlights..
It is not an easy swap if it can be done at all. A Raptor grille is bigger in every way than an F150 grille. Ford did a rounder grille on the 2nd and 3rd gen Raptors so that they aren't easily imitated. That is why F150s look goofy with Raptor-style grilles is because they are squarer. Would try an aftermarket grill if you are not a fan of the stock one.

GoDucks

Reaction score
I was referring to this grill...
View attachment 360392
That year XLT won't work because of the newer headlights, that is a 2018 -2020 F150. 2018 is when Ford redesign the front end and thus changed headlight design. Our Gen 2 Raptors have the same headlights as the 2015 - 2017 F150s.

You can indeed make the swap but it would involve grill, headlights, fender etc. Many 15-17 owners have done this front end swap to give their trucks the "newer" look.

OP
OP
K

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
That actually makes sense. My dad has the '18 King Ranch and noticed that.

I would assume then a F150 grill from '15-17 will fit our Raptors without a problem?

Edit... I don't think that'll work actually after looking at pics. Anyone know of aftermarket grill options for the raptor? All my searches keep popping up for raptor grills for the regular truck

ryeabs

Reaction score
I was recently in Alaska and passed a gen2 on the highway who had "Raptor" in place of the Ford in the grille. In the 2 second glancing pass @ 65MPH, I liked the look. I haven't been able to find anything like it online though. A big reason I went with the tailgate applique delete on my 2017 was a dislike for the giant FORD across the back (would have preferred RAPTOR).

Have only found these, and it isn't for me: link