Raptor Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I stereo type you have no idea. Thanks for waving back, I think it’s sweet [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 owner here from Southwest PA, I wave at all generation Raptors and usually receive a way back. Although I have not been flipped the bird in return yet, I would laugh if I was. I am new to the Raptor world, but have been a Ford truck guy my entire life; I don't fully understand the sibling rivalry thing; a nice truck is a nice truck, and one thing I have learned from you all is that you all have real nice trucks.

Dr G

Reaction score
I was told about the Raptor Wave when I bought my Gen I from the previous owner. He said it was common ( he lived in Torrance CA). I'm here in Paso Robles and I have gotten the wave some Gen I owners, even a girl driving one. It's usually a casual lift of the fingers from the steering wheel type wave, not a Queen Elizabeth Wave. It's only possible when driving slow on city streets. On the freeway the other truck is too far away for me to clearly see the driver, even if he is waving. Got the wave from at least one Gen II owner who was parked on the side of the road.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched for a thread about this...
My wife has a Mini Cooper and they wave, she has a Jeep for the winter and they wave, I have a Harley and wave to all riding on 2 wheels.
It seems like an amazing vehicle like the Raptor and somewhat less common in my neck of the woods we would all be sharing the fun with a wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after owning a corvette many years ago (C4).... the dammed corvette wave turned me off from waiving at other cars like mine.

I have noticed people waiving at me in my raptor.....I will return a finger or two if it is convenient to me...but won't go out of my way.

RyanM

Reaction score
I owned a Mazda mx-5 AKA Miata seven years ago. I know I know I got a lot of shit for it from friends but it was my first purchased car outta college and it was a one of a kind and I personally loved it. It was fast as hell. They definitely waved at each other. It was definitely over the top I thought but also didn’t mind it since mine stood out usually more than any other.

When I got my Gen 2 6 months ago I wondered if the wave occurred so laughed when I just saw this post. Never searched the forum to see. I’ve had a gen 2 flash their lights when passing during the day and I always wave here in Atlanta. No waves back I don’t think though. I roll with the finger or two above steering wheel like most are saying above. I would also laugh if someone flipped me the bird but I also know it would be because they know mine looks better.