Raptor w/ecoboost MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good deal my friend. The crew I want with the same options I ordered on the fx4 stickers at 53 and invoices at about 49

That seems really steep to me, sir, unless you've got a lot of options (luxury, nav, etc.) that you're not mentioning. Or perhaps it has something to do with your geographic location. I'm afraid to ask what a Raptor sells for where you are.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Because I know how to use google, I searched what mpg people are getting with lifted ecoboosts. Still running smaller tires than us, 325/60R18 Terra Grapplers. They are seeing an average of 16-18mpg. My 5.4 will get 16 if I drive like a normal person. The only difference is if I wanted to go fast, the eco would pull ahead some. But, the sound of my V8 will blast it off the road!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Because I know how to use google, I searched what mpg people are getting with lifted ecoboosts. Still running smaller tires than us, 325/60R18 Terra Grapplers. They are seeing an average of 16-18mpg. My 5.4 will get 16 if I drive like a normal person. The only difference is if I wanted to go fast, the eco would pull ahead some. But, the sound of my V8 will blast it off the road!

Yeah I get 15-16 city and 17-18 highway. I got an average of 17.0 on this last tank so I can't complain. Sounds like I'm doing as well as an EB, just with a little less power.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Yeah I get 15-16 city and 17-18 highway. I got an average of 17.0 on this last tank so I can't complain. Sounds like I'm doing as well as an EB, just with a little less power.

The stock versions of the 6.2 and EB are pretty much dead even on performance. But my 5.4 is either a factory freak or its just faster than people realize because my truck held its own in a drag.
5.4 vs 6.2.mp4 - YouTube

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems really steep to me, sir, unless you've got a lot of options (luxury, nav, etc.) that you're not mentioning. Or perhaps it has something to do with your geographic location. I'm afraid to ask what a Raptor sells for where you are.

I think he meant a screw rap with the same options as his FX4 but i could be mistaken.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of Ford's latest engines are already preset up to become DI with minimal engineering changes and the 5.0 is one of them. I guess only time will tell if Ford releases it or not.

I've seen the pics of the 5.0 heads where it looks to be a casting area for adding DI in the future. But I say the odds of them doing an EB version with DI and TT is nearly slim to none. The 5.0 already makes substantial power, the DI will allow it to get a little more efficiency out of it, adding the TT's doesn't really fit into the engine lineup. The turbos on the 4 cyl DI's are to get the power of a 6 with the fuel economy of a 4. And same with the truck engines, the 6 cyl DI gets the power of the 8 with the fuel economy of a 6. I really don't see Ford doing a TT DI 5.0 to get the power of a hopped up V10 with the fuel economy of an 8. Now the same 8 with just equal or slightly bumped power and slightly better fuel economy, I see them doing that, but not a TT version.

And the 3.5 EB can out-tow it, and it has a flatter torque curve, and...ah nevermind. These arguements are as dumb as the Mustang boards when all of the 4.6 guys come into the 5.0 forums and post up how their outdated 4.6 is better or equal to the next generation 5.0's. There's a reason they sent those motors to the glue factory :shocked:

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he meant a screw rap with the same options as his FX4 but i could be mistaken.

thats exactly what i meant. i was looking at a fully loaded screw raptor vs. a fully loaded screw FX4. since i dont have a VIN yet on the FX4 i called this morning and had the tow max package added which gives me 4.10 gears, tow mirrors, 20" wheels and the trailer brake controller. i didnt really need any of them but wanted the 4.10s for when i put bigger tires on. we shall see.

and to answer the question about what raptors sell for around here, most go for sticker. some dealers will order them for alot less, or sell scabs for alot less, but if there is a screw on the lot in stock, they bring rain. sticker on a loaded screw is 53,500-54ish?