Raptor vs ??? - Stop Banging into S#;t!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my adventure. Had to run across the street to the grocery store and wasn’t two blocks from the house and hear and feel a bang on the side of the truck. Looked in my mirror and saw a doe run across the street behind me. Didn’t think to much of it, checked the truck and nothing. Came back home and there were actually two of them, unfortunately the other one didn’t make it.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor vs. Deer!!

Cruising along on RT141 in the upper peninsula of Michigan at 10:30 AM. Just me and my dog on our way up to the lake so I can walk the renovation project we have going on at the cabin. About 2 hours from my place a 180-pound doe decides it wants to challenge the front bumper of my 11-day old Raptor while I'm doing about 65 MPH.

Didn't even see her until she was in the right front fender. Must have jumped in from the right side of the road out of the tall grass and landed just in front of the truck.

Stopped in a little town, Crystal Falls, to clean the venison off the front of the truck and took some pictures of the damage.

Raptor won! Finished the round trip (950 miles) just pulled the bumper a couple of extra inches from the tire. She's gonna need a little work to get back to the original form.

Anyone else out there banging into shit...

View media item 14425View media item 14424

F*#&@( DEER..!! I offer free beer to the hunters when I see them in front of my house..!! Had a new Tacoma 4x4 and had front end wiped out like your Raptor 2x's within 3 miles of my house...$5K each time...2nd time the Insurance asked the Auto Body,are you sure he hit a deer and not a pole....Auto body guy sent photo of the blood and fur still in the grill....
SO...now I got the beast Raptor...was hoping it could take them out without as much damage....guess I was wrong..OUCH...but at least the Raptor does them in so they cant do to another driver...one of my hits got up and limped away... :-(
And I'm an Animal lover,so dont give me S@(!)!~(..where I live they are not "cute",they are dangerous and pests....just ask my GF when she comes out to find all her plants chewed to S(#*@..

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt and feel your pain of having a brand new truck and now you have the waiting game for repairs to be made.
I just installed the ADD pro bumper and probably have a good chunk of the parts you’re going to need but the shipping would suck. If anyone knows a good option to get rid of a 2018 bumper and skid plate let me know.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in the summer I saw a doe kick the shit out of a boxer. The dog was just standing there and the doe felt threatened because her fawn was near. The poor dog hasn’t been the same since.

OP
OP
BigDaddy69

BigDaddy69

Reaction score
Glad you didn't get hurt. Imagine if you smoked that with a small car instead?

Drove a Chrysler 300SRT before buying the Raptor. Measured the impact height and checked it against the 300. Deer would've been in my lap.

$9,500 damage...to start. I drop it off at the shop on 11/11. 100% covered by insurance.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the summer I saw a doe kick the shit out of a boxer. The dog was just standing there and the doe felt threatened because her fawn was near. The poor dog hasn’t been the same since.

I'm from the NYC area originally,so dont know much about "East-Coast" Deer...but here in WA. State they have NO fear...when they are in the yard eating my GF's flowers and veggies you can run up to them within 25 ft or so screaming and clapping your hands and they just look up at you and stare,like they are saying WTF is your problem,I'm eating..!!! Only way to get them running is to hit them in butt with a pellet gun...! Would love to use something bigger,but living in Rec. area on a lake,I dont think our local Game Warden would be happy seeing me dragging a dead deer behind my Raptor to back field.. ;)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove a Chrysler 300SRT before buying the Raptor. Measured the impact height and checked it against the 300. Deer would've been in my lap.

$9,500 damage...to start. I drop it off at the shop on 11/11. 100% covered by insurance.

OUCH..!! But good thing you walked away from it....an old GF of mine had one leap across the road and come right thru her windshield in her Ford Ranger...lucky it came thru the passenger side or she would of been killed...!:(

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from the NYC area originally,so dont know much about "East-Coast" Deer...but here in WA. State they have NO fear...when they are in the yard eating my GF's flowers and veggies you can run up to them within 25 ft or so screaming and clapping your hands and they just look up at you and stare,like they are saying WTF is your problem,I'm eating..!!! Only way to get them running is to hit them in butt with a pellet gun...! Would love to use something bigger,but living in Rec. area on a lake,I dont think our local Game Warden would be happy seeing me dragging a dead deer behind my Raptor to back field.. ;)

The deer in your area have become domesticated/urbanized. Happens when there are people living in the area. Here in Southern Oregon, the deer are as skittish as they ought to be...well except for the cities of Ashland and Jacksonville which are populated by progressives that feed them.