Raptor vs ??? - Stop Banging into S#;t!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy69

Reaction score
Raptor vs. Deer!!

Cruising along on RT141 in the upper peninsula of Michigan at 10:30 AM. Just me and my dog on our way up to the lake so I can walk the renovation project we have going on at the cabin. About 2 hours from my place a 180-pound doe decides it wants to challenge the front bumper of my 11-day old Raptor while I'm doing about 65 MPH.

Didn't even see her until she was in the right front fender. Must have jumped in from the right side of the road out of the tall grass and landed just in front of the truck.

Stopped in a little town, Crystal Falls, to clean the venison off the front of the truck and took some pictures of the damage.

Raptor won! Finished the round trip (950 miles) just pulled the bumper a couple of extra inches from the tire. She's gonna need a little work to get back to the original form.

Anyone else out there banging into shit...

View media item 14425View media item 14424

Metal Doc

Reaction score
That really sucks!! i stopped riding my bikes at night on the back roads around here because of all the damn deer. You hit one on a bike and you might be done for.

Don’t you know it. I hit two, sixteen months apart, that is why I have a Raptor now

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
180lb doe!!?? What are the deer eating up in Michigan? Growth hormones? Bummer for the new truck. Perfect excuse to start with the mods!! SVC Baja bumper would look great!!

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same thing last year in E. Washington. Coming 'round a corner in the dark, two yearlings and of course one was in each lane. Not quite as much damage as yours, but still sucked and I feel your pain.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Glad you and the mutt are ok. FWIW, another poster had a run in with a forest rat while campaigning an ADD Stealth Fighter bumper(?) which faired significantly better.