Raptor Vs. Raptor R Trim Color Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have a side by side pic of the 2 trucks in the same picture ? im curious to see the darker trim on the R in comparison. Trim, Grille and Applique. It doesn't seem that ford has announced the difference in trim color but its definitely noticeable.
call me lame but I'm thinking of putting the darker trim on a regular raptor to make it look better. Obviously delete the R badges lol
i saw a pic somewhere on this forum i thought but i cannot find it

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have a side by side pic of the 2 trucks in the same picture ? im curious to see the darker trim on the R in comparison. Trim, Grille and Applique. It doesn't seem that ford has announced the difference in trim color but its definitely noticeable.
call me lame but I'm thinking of putting the darker trim on a regular raptor to make it look better. Obviously delete the R badges lol
i saw a pic somewhere on this forum i thought but i cannot find it

I don’t have a side by side pic, still don’t have a production date for my R order… but it states on the build site and on a lot of the R reviews that the trim, grill, appliqué, and wheels are black on the R (high luster black IIRC). On the regular Raptor the trim is a nice dark satin gray, it matched magnetic when that was still a color.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks, the fact you named the color definetly helps! I guess I didn’t even think to look at the ford builder, many of the reviews I read didn’t mention it ! Thank you

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have plain Raptor bumpers on the 23. The 24 gets the new bumpers... not sure if they are R specific, or it is across the base Raptor too.
In any case, we know that the Raptor R will run for a few years, and 2024 definitely has a new interior (it's like the Lightning), and new headlights/tail lights (match the Lightning), and these new bumpers. It's strange because it will make 2023 buyers feel different about their purchase (and ADM).

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will have plain Raptor bumpers on the 23. The 24 gets the new bumpers... not sure if they are R specific, or it is across the base Raptor too.
In any case, we know that the Raptor R will run for a few years, and 2024 definitely has a new interior (it's like the Lightning), and new headlights/tail lights (match the Lightning), and these new bumpers. It's strange because it will make 2023 buyers feel different about their purchase (and ADM).
I didn’t realize the lightning interior is that much different from the gen3. Except having the huge screen, which I really dislike. The raptors setup now is perfect. The full Screen distracts from the road when trying to adjust things. My wife has the full screen in her edge but I do greatly prefer the buttons.

Yeah I am waiting for the 24 refresh and I’m hoping the regular raptor is changed.. the regular f150 is changing also. But aside from the front bumper and lights the flares and rear bumper are the same. If it wasn’t changing for 24 I’d probably buy those from @Foster