raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Dan

Reaction score
Toyota is no more reliable than anything else, they’re just outdated. People buy Toyota’s based on the false pretense of “reliability”. The fact that you cite consumer reports is comical; their data is not even statistically significant. You can’t survey only your own subscribers and pretend that data represents the larger population. Remember, CR is the same rag that rated the Pontiac Vibe lower in reliability than the Toyota Matrix. That tells you all you need to know.
FINALLY!! They are no more reliable, I was a SM at a Toyota store for 4 years and had the tow companies phone number memorized I gave it out so much! LOL

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Hybrid uses a Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery. That's 25+ year old battery technology, which has no place in even the cheapest new vehicle, never mind one that costs what the new Tundra does. It's straight out of the 1997 Prius. Ni-MH is inferior to Lithium-Ion in every way, including battery life, performance, and degradation. And battery technology still has a long way to go from Li-ion; Ni-MH has been dead tech for a long time.

I have an interesting year for ya!

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-refuses-to-abandon-25-year-old-technology

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a life long Ford fanboy for the record. With that said, I think Toyota and Ford both make great trucks. Toyota reliability is overblown some in my opinion though, Ford is pretty equal and parts tend to be more affordable. As far as which company is more American or best for this country I will say Ford has gone full on woke, where as Toyota has not. Just google Ford Georgia Election. I was considering buying a Tundra, but the new pricing is ridiculous and its ugly. I think the Raptor is a great value for what you get. It's a super truck that blows a TRD Pro out of the water. Not even in the same league. I ordered a Raptor.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw that; they’ve improved the technology, but it’s still inferior to Li-ION. They’re just using it because it’s cheaper.

Toyota has a history of only using well proven technology. They are never on the cutting edge for dependability reasons, hence the Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery pack. Their vehicles are designed around Toyota QDR principles (Quality, Dependability, Reliability). Everything from electronics, sensors, battery tech, etc.

The 6th generation hybrid system on the Tundra Pro has been well proven on the Hino commercial trucks.

party2309

Reaction score
I am a life long Ford fanboy for the record. With that said, I think Toyota and Ford both make great trucks. Toyota reliability is overblown some in my opinion though, Ford is pretty equal and parts tend to be more affordable. As far as which company is more American or best for this country I will say Ford has gone full on woke, where as Toyota has not. Just google Ford Georgia Election. I was considering buying a Tundra, but the new pricing is ridiculous and its ugly. I think the Raptor is a great value for what you get. It's a super truck that blows a TRD Pro out of the water. Not even in the same league. I ordered a Raptor.

Exactly it’s sad these guys like Fordtechnical-difficulties-one and Twizzledicks have there heads so far up their rear ends. Toyota is almost as much American as Ford at the moment which is sad but my hope is that one day it changes back to the old days again. Ford is all about the 100% electric 2030 goal, and that is why this administration loves them. Hell the President even visited Farley and drove a damn lightening.

Yes 2021 Ford Raptor will be a much better truck then trd pro as well, no denying there but if you think Raptor owners are mad now about no V8, wait until gen 4 or 5 when the Raptor only comes in electric. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.