Raptor Vs GMC AT4X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered the GMC AT4X that's releasing in the next few months?
Seems like valid competition for the Raptor.

A downfall is they've really jacked up the price since the last generation but still along lines as Raptor pricing.

Last edited:

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM makes a nice looking truck chocked full of tech. I haven't looked up the specs for the AT4X, but the main reason I steered away from a GM platform this go around were the issues they were having with the 5.3L and the 6.2L motors. Some owners were having their trucks towed with a blown rod after 500 miles and multiple people had multiple motors replaced under 6000 miles. I test drove a Yukon AT4 and loved the damn thing, but not being able to trust it to get me home was a non-starter.

mattncsu

Reaction score
I briefly considered the AT4X but with the starting price of $75k, I struggled to see the value over a very well optioned Raptor. Though with latest $3.3k price change, and more likely to come, it could change things slightly.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer is a quite easy "no" however, this would be my pros and cons:

Pros:
Multifunctional tailgate is the best in the industry, in particular with the speaker system (unknown if available on at4x)

Supercruise. I'm unsure if available on AT4X but I assume it would be. This is a pro, since Bluecruise leaving the Raptor is a gigantic con.

Massaging seats are nice to have, I do enjoy them.

Gas mileage is likely far superior, especially for long road trips.

Not a long list, but, pros for me none the less.. Here however are my..

Cons:

No twin panel moonroof

Can't fit 37s without a 6 inch lift.

I have not seen in person the new GMC but I'm a skeptic over the look and feel of their interior plastics. Certainly from videos the quality looks much improved over last gen, but the jury is out in my mind so interior fit, quality and look of the plastics im placing as a con until further due diligence

It does not look distinctive from a normal sport GMC

Track width being the same is a big con, why even bother? I understand this isn't their "raptor" or even their trx but.. eh

Price point seems excessively high for some basic off road features. Why even get this over the Hummer EV after you start adding some options.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appears they have stuff similar to most upscale 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks. Nice looking truck. good to have choices which increase competition and slightly different vehicles targeting slightly different needs
With adaptive cruise and lane centering that works amazing well at 85mph+ on a curvy 2-lane county road with snow on the sides, I do not need blue cruise

at a quick glance, the cons for me are
* big, heavy V-8
* tiny SAE fog lights with limited upgradability - my (3) BD light kit just shipped from SPV
* no 5-link rear
* no 37s
* less horsepower
* less torque
* higher axle ratio