Raptor vs. Durango SRT vs. Cherokee Trackhawk vs. Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUinBama

Reaction score
Know where most folks are going to be on this, and I am probably leaning toward Raptor myself, except...

...Hard to get past the 3.5L v6, even if it is twin turboed. And, frankly, just looks kinda weird seeing "Mexico" on the engine label of a $70k truck.

Have test driven two of the four (and wife had a 6.2L Denali so have some idea of what to expect from the RST) and besides the fact I think I really do want a pickup truck, I do not think I am $100k into a Jeep. The Durango with the 6.4L screamed, and, yes, sounded awesome, but it looks like a mini-van from the back. But, man, it was fast.

So here is what it comes down to: is a twin-turbo v6 going to be as reliable as a big ol' straight up v8? Obviously HP, speed and some audacity are important here and fuel economy is not.

Last Ford was a 2002 Escape and we drove the heck out of it...until it quit going in reverse... Wife has had Yukon XLs since then and have been told no more little two-door cars for me, so that is why looking at the four I mentioned.

Have usually gone CPO, but looks like with the way the Raptor holds value, is not going to save a lot of money to get a low-mileage CPO.

If someone can give peace of mind on the motor, next choice may be magnetic vs. lead foot and how far I am willing to drive to find one with the orange leather!

Well, and how much it is going to tick off the regular F-150 guys with the Bama tags when the big ol' Raptor with the IPTAY sticker rolls into the parking lot...