Raptor vs 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After cruising through various online OEM parts vendors it seems the only difference between the Raptor and regular 3.5 engines are the pistons and block? The part number for the cams, rods, heads, turbos and even the inter-cooler, all the way down to the 2.7L, show to be the same part numbers. The Raptor pistons are $10 more a piece.

robbcwz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I just looked. Same 2017 Raptor and F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prefix of the part# is different; Raptor is HL7E 6K682AA

"Normal" F150 are HL3Z 6K682A

Last edited:

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question but why are those TFL guys always about 1 sec slower on their 0-60 then other reporters? I can somewhat understand it with a NA engine at elevation, but he was getting 6.2 sec at sea level which does not make any sense.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question but why are those TFL guys always about 1 sec slower on their 0-60 then other reporters? I can somewhat understand it with a NA engine at elevation, but he was getting 6.2 sec at sea level which does not make any sense.

Haha good question, I was wondering the same. I watched their video of them racing a Gen 2 MPT tuned vs a Gen 1 stock and the MPT Gen 2 was getting a 6.8s 0-60 time