Raptor > TRX offroad deep snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this means nothing...sorry....unless they are on the same tires you can't do a compare

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Bronco FE has the same tires on the TRX. I believe they are better in SNOW and on wet conditions thus far through this winter than my last set of K02s on my old 2017 Raptor.

That said, the new suspension setup I'm super excited for to try out with the 37s for the last part of our MN winter when the 37PP arrives.. Hopefully in the next week and I'll be able to compare side by side myself how they compare.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not surprised TBH. And the kid wasn’t driving that Raptor the way it can be driven- actually both of em weren’t putting the trucks in the absolute best setup to attack that stuff

Take the TC AND the stability control off
4H only
Baja, deep snow, or sport setting depending on exact situation
Diff locked

That’s what I’d be doing all the time, these guys kept dinking around w/ the settings (I guess that’s part of the vid) & sometimes p*$$y footing around out there lol

Solid comparison vid nonetheless - & as I’ve gone on record multiple times on this forum saying, you guys would be MINDBLOWN how much easier ALL of that terrain would be running a set of Studded Nokian Hallapelitta’s like I have on my Rappy- whole course would be a laughable cake walk

Do you run the studs on all 4 wheels?

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you can find 37” snow tires for the raptor
If you’re talking dedicated winter a 37 is not necessary and would be outperformed by smaller/thinner tires.
There are plenty of snowflake rated 37s on the market if anyone wanted to do a true comparison.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you run the studs on all 4 wheels?
Yes that’s what you wanna do- wouldn’t be terrible if just in rear….but that’s more what you’d do in a 2wd vehicle, in general you want all 4 tires to have equal/similar traction. You can actually F up an awd vehicle by having different tread tires w/ different levels of wear on all 4 corners

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re talking dedicated winter a 37 is not necessary and would be outperformed by smaller/thinner tires.
There are plenty of snowflake rated 37s on the market if anyone wanted to do a true comparison.
Lol- you just aren’t getting it. And the snow tires typically have a narrower patch. I’m sure you’re aware, not all 35” or 37” tires are created wqual

That being said, while I know those Nokians come in the stock 35” size & I believe you can get blizzaks special ordered this size….I do not think you can get a true dedicated snow tire in 37”….I may be wrong - who knows maybe Nokian or other company will make one specific for the raptor

I do know you could use wrangler duratrac or Kanati trail hog in 37” raptor size & while those aren’t dedicated snows they also carry the “snowflake” designation for ATs AND they’re both studdable….I don’t think You can add studs to the KO2s, & I felt the KO2s - while def decent in SNOW- kinda suck bad on ice & standing water/heavy rain. If they were studdable I think they’d be pretty damn good all around in 37”s

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I think comparing em w/ the equipment they came from the factory w/ is the correct way actually. Most people won’t add snow tires like I do, but those who do already know they make ANY 4wd vehicle Uber capable- the Raptor just happens to be that much better.

Raptor has “better” bigger tires, TRX has “better” bigger more powerful engine….wash

I don’t think the TRX 4wd/awd/t-case/diffs etc are as stout/sophisticated/well tuned as the Raptor, period.
I don’t recall the TRX having a stability control light coming on in the video, but the Raptor did.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duratracs are about the best "snow tire" while still keeping it in the off-road category. And airing down does wonders.