Raptor transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty awesome SVT/Ford did that for you guys! What did you think about the silver crew cab Raptor?

dbmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't look bad at all. Just didn't lpke the molten interior. I told them they should do each color. I would love blue flame inserts on my seat!!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
eww. molten interior is horrible enough on a black truck...imagine on the silver.

oblivion

Reaction score
Also, there are no TSB's or reflashes for the 6.2 trans. It is a completely different animal in it's electronic (programed) archetecture.

Hi. (I'm new here) Appreciate all the info. Just FYI ...

I just got my 2010 / 6.2L back from first service at the dealer's. I mentioned the hard shifting between 2-1 and what I thought might be 3-2 as well. Asked technician to take it for a spin and tell me if this was not normal. They kept it overnight (total of 10.5 business hours) to complete the "reprogramming of the PCM (power control module) to latest calibrations." Shop technicians drove it 12.5 mi.

- Now seems to shift even harder from 1 to 2. Going from 2 to 1 seems to be improved. Improved shifting above 2 (except for maybe 5 to 6 which seems more like a 4 to 6). Got her up to 80 in my brief test.

- No pools of oil under the filter.

- No mention of transmission work on invoice.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Regards,
oblivion

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth...I had the dealer reflash my PCM and TCM with the latest TSB code.

I've had the truck with the new flash for over a week and have driven over 500 miles with the new flash, on and off road.

It has definitely made a difference in a positive way.

Truck downshifts instantly when floored and it seems to hold gears a lot better vs. the hunting it used to do prior.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Oblivion!

Xjr, I'm glad to hear the re-flash helped yours.

Thanks.

I didn't want to comment on it until I had a decent amount of miles on and off road.

It wasn't night and day, but noticeable in regards to downshifting (the problem it was coded to fix) and the other bonus of holding gear when under load.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks.

I didn't want to comment on it until I had a decent amount of miles on and off road.

It wasn't night and day, but noticeable in regards to downshifting (the problem it was coded to fix) and the other bonus of holding gear when under load.

i agree. there's a road i take every day for lunch that's a fairly steep, long hill @ 50mph. when i first got my truck i would either have to accelerate up the entire hill which resulted in me going 75...or let the truck **** around from 5th to 6th to hold 50mph. now since the reflashes and/or adaptive learning.. it settles right in to 5th and holds in the mid-rpm range.

Clarkm8

Reaction score
6.2 Transmission Issues

My transmission is absolutely driving me NUTS! I am ready to trade or sell this truck because of the transmission. I now have 32,000 miles on this beast in about 8 months. They have reflashed and reprogrammed the system 2 times. I drive it off the lot today and it continues with same hard shifting 1-2-3 @ low RMP upshifting and dowshifting. I dont feel that i should have to have an aftermarket tuning to attempt to fix the issues. Does anyone know if FORD is going to address this issue? It shifted so hard shifting from 2-3 it spun both back tires and felt like transmission dropped on highway. There is a serious issue. The more miles i put on the worse it gets. HELP!!!