Raptor towing about 4500lbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a fun day. Everything I've read suggests the powertrain is easily capable of towing up to and even past the tow rating. Its the off-road oriented suspension that is the limiting factor. The brakes are also a bit on the weak side.

OP
OP

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power is a non issue and honestly the suspension isn’t either if the trailer is at the right height to keep the tongue weight correct.

MotoXKing

Reaction score
My 2018 towed a 4000lb CAM dump trailer with 1000lbs of mulch in it no issues.
Stock suspension didn't droop as bad as my 14 raptor.
Having a hard time with the idea of giving up towing for the ADD pro rear bumper.
But....

OP
OP

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fear!! Lol. I wouldn’t worry at all, I had the truck bed full of luggage, 3 people in the truck all large and in charge:) and the trailer in tow. The truck still was level if not slightly ass high.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Towed a ‘41 Chevy on a flatbed car trailer for over 700 miles a month ago or so. Estimating about 5k. Towed incredibly well. Crazy power, no swaying, even 12 mpg driving between 65-70 the whole way from Montana to Oregon.

I couldn’t have been more impressed. Just have to watch tongue weight and squat.

CJ Pony Parts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking good! Not too much squatting at all! If you carry loads with more tongue weight, you might want to consider a set of timbrens

PBR ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good! Not too much squatting at all! If you carry loads with more tongue weight, you might want to consider a set of timbrens

Sooo this basically takes out all the suspension travel and it rides on these new long bump stops? Doesn’t seem very safe to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo this basically takes out all the suspension travel and it rides on these new long bump stops? Doesn’t seem very safe to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I would love for some people in the note to comment on this. Does PBR ME have a point?