Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Raptor towing a 5th wheel video

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by MyRaptorLife, Oct 19, 2020.

1. TXRaptor

TXRaptor FRF Addict

The V6 eco-boost F150 is much better for towing vs V8 trucks. Really, any engine with turbos will do better than a NA engine, so the diesel is also a great engine for towing. Of course, the diesel normally gets better gas mileage even with the extra weight up front.

FordTechOne likes this.
  2. tractorman

tractorman Member

That is interesting and I think we all say "hooray" that the drunk guy takes a hit...except what happens to the poor soul that got clobbered by the drunk driver? Perhaps some sort of no-fault insurance, or maybe there is an uninsured motorist provision that kicks in for the victim. I'm curious but lazy enough to not want to look it up. Haha. Each state is different and that big state of Canada :) is different entirely.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  3. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

I had a friend who stopped being one when he decided that the bottle was his new best friend. Last I heard, he was in jail after getting his 4th DUI, having lost his license because of the 3rd. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have insurance any more ... but his assets are fairly limited, so good luck suing him. Be careful out there.

4. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

If the drunk damages or injures others, that is covered by his insurance, the drunks vehicle or injuries are not covered, but we do have free (basically) health care u here and he gets a free lawyer too.

MyRaptorLife likes this.
  5. tractorman

tractorman Member

I didn't think they could void your liability insurance for being drunk. And as much as we like our trucks, the loss of a truck is chump change compared to the cost to settle a liability claim on a major loss. And nothing is free, it's just paid for in a different manner and often by someone else, but I get your point. :)

6. K223

K223 FRF Addict

Interesting and all the other things that are wrong with this video aside. This confirms nobody complains about lack of power from the 3.5 Eco when it comes to towing. Even stupidly overloaded. As long as nobody manages to get injured and this chap didn’t mind abusing his truck. We did get some real world results on towing power.

I have to say a NA V8 losses a lot of balls towing at elevation. Forced fed helps.

7. kpecks

kpecks Full Access Member

E72A565C-534A-47AD-BB8D-B93D73D1F87A.jpeg

2slo4u and GCATX like this.