Raptor towing a 5th wheel video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capt-Brunch

Reaction score
At 8:15 in the video does he still have his front jacks down while driving?!

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the whole video, I clicked through it.

OP
OP
MyRaptorLife

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my whole issue is, you want to be an f up and tow way outside the numbers? Fine, do whatever you want, but lets not make a YouTube video, then post it to show how great it is. Just don't flaunt your shit and don't tell anyone.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't this exactly what FB was designed to do? I'm serious. Watch the documentary "Social Dilemma" some time.
I don't have any social media (no FB, twitter, or IG) but this docudrama scared the s&*t out of me just on the Google and Reddit parts. It was so eye-opening I watched it twice just to make sure I understood all of it.

Unreal how there is no regulation with this stuff and seeing the sub-19 year old suicide rates pre and post-facebook was astonishing.

The fact that the people making it were all involved in starting up social media companies made the points more valid IMO.

Also, this dude with a 5th wheel is a dunce. Says in them owner's manual towing a 5'er is not recommended. And making a video about it is irresponsible at best. Someone else is going to do this and tell his family "It's ok a guy on Facebook did it and it worked for him"

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is over the payload by 400 lbs and the towing capacity by 1300 lbs, so I would say he is outside the limits of his truck. The Timberen bump stops are doing their job, but I doubt it will ride very good when empty. If he gets in accident, I am sure his insurance company will decline his coverage.

Does anyone actually have evidence of this happening? I hear this argument all the time but I've never actually seen it happen.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have evidence of this happening? I hear this argument all the time but I've never actually seen it happen.
I asked my Allstate agent/buddy something similar. He said that generally, they will pay out even if the insured is doing something stupid or illegal. He said it would be bad optics if they did not.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Also, I am not sure that being overloaded and killing a bus full of nuns is any more illegal than blowing a red light and killing a bus full of nuns, while not overloaded.