RAPTOR TOOK A SIP OF BUD LIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many other things to which Ford should have brought attention. Why did the need to bring it to that specific demographic? Almost everyone has, or will be touched by cancer and probably very few if any would criticize a truck painted with some type of cancer theme, but no, Ford selected a rainbow.

What if I told you they do, but the outrage **** media didn't "shove it down your throat" and you didn't spend 30 seconds researching if they do/did?

ford-warriors-in-pink-logo-hero-2880x738-d.jpeg

Ford Warriors in Pink® is a Ford Motor Company initiative dedicated to helping and inspiring those in the fight against breast cancer. Ford has been active in the fight against breast cancer for 30 years and has dedicated more than $139 million to the cause. Through the sale of Ford Warriors in Pink inspirational wear and gear, Ford helps provide transportation solutions for patients in need.

FORD PRESENTS "THE WARRIORS IN PINK PODCAST" - MODELS OF COURAGE WHO TESTIFY IN SUPPORT OF THE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH ACROSS THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA​

1602781601816.jpg

Photos wont link for some reason. Google "Ford Warriors in Pink vehicles" for examples.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advertising toward any one group is what’s ridiculous. Advertising to specific groups, gay, trans, black, white, Cuban, etc. is ridiculous. All the above-mentioned groups are PEOPLE. Stick to advertising to ALL PEOPLE instead of causing more division.

What if I told you that merely recognizing one group exists isn't divisive unless you decide to make it that way?

Veterans are a minority. Is this divisive since not all people are veterans? I'm a veteran. This is when someone usually says 'but anyone can join the military' and I point out that many people who try are disqualified. My son being one, who tried to enlist but got medically declined. So, no, not everyone can be or will be a veteran. Is it wrong for me to be proud to be a veteran? Does that mean I think veterans are superior to non-veterans? Is that now divisive?

So how, exactly, does a rainbow Ranger divide people who are or aren't gay?

Marketing requires a hook and different people and different cultures want different hooks. You advertise to everyone *by* advertising to different groups. Just like division is being marketed very very successfully to the American people for political and economic gain.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I'll say it because it's the truth. The extremists on both sides don't represent the vast majority of the middle. Guess who gets attention? What's going on in *some* schools is quite disturbing, but let's not conflate things like gender education for kindergartners with adults and some banal marketing toward **** and their existence.
Yes you can conflate it because like i said it sthe same people behind it all. You say "some schools" , If they had their way it would be in every school.The only reason its not right now is because of the backlash.
Cant remember where i saw it, or it might have been a meme, but it made sense. It said " Funny how you never hear about drag queens wanting to dance for old folks in retirement homes, " or something along those lines. You can believe what you want, but i believe its straight up evil.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if I told you that merely recognizing one group exists isn't divisive unless you decide to make it that way?

Veterans are a minority. Is this divisive since not all people are veterans? I'm a veteran. This is when someone usually says 'but anyone can join the military' and I point out that many people who try are disqualified. My son being one, who tried to enlist but got medically declined. So, no, not everyone can be or will be a veteran. Is it wrong for me to be proud to be a veteran? Does that mean I think veterans are superior to non-veterans? Is that now divisive?

Marketing requires a hook and different people and different cultures want different hooks. You advertise to everyone *by* advertising to different groups. Just like division is being marketed very very successfully to the American people for political and economic gain.
Where’s the veteran edition Raptor? There isn’t one. There probably should have been one years ago and hopefully Ford creates one.

I disagree that marketing to one very specific group is marketing to all. This argument would be better made if there were multiple editions of Ford vehicles that have been or will be advertised. Would everyone be okay with Ford making a Pro Life or Pro Choice themed Raptor? Would that be beneficial as marketing to all? By singling out and catering to one group you are creating more division.

Advertising is to attract buyers on the product or services value to that customer. So advertising the off road capabilities, or payload capabilities for commercial applications. Advertising to groups based on sexüal preference, which has nothing to do with the product you’re selling, is pandering and virtue signaling at best.

I’m not against gay, but I shouldn’t feel like I’m supporting something I do or don’t agree with just to buy a truck.

As stated above, I’m quite certain a Pro Life or Pro Choice Raptor would not be well relieved, which fits right into your logic.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really a pointless conversation because much like abortion rights, you’re either on one side or the other, and extremely unlikely to sway someone.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
As a libertarian I primarily want the government shrunk to the level of colonial days, and the current laws similarly. Like many other consumers, I dislike any “policy” or stand, even ones I support “offered” to me as a condition of my purchase or the corporation standing up for shít I don’t believe in or support.

I couldn’t care less what 2 consenting adults do in the confines of their own home. I do very much care about laws outlawing personal conduct - like ****** relations... Talking about you Commonwealth of Virginia...
Because once you concede as a citizen it’s ok for your elected officials to outlaw personal conduct you don’t approve of, you give up your freedom and put the political target on your back because once they run out of conduct you don’t like to outlaw, they will come for conduct that you do engage in and outlaw that.

Once we ceded the government’s involvement at any level to approving who we could marry, we started down the dangerous path towards a police state, which we largely have now.

But, what do legal prohibitions have to do with a private actor performing this marketing act?

It’s not a direct link but it’s there. The pro-gay lobby was very vocal and effective at gaining visibility and raising awareness to their cause. IMO, the aids epidemic, along with several high profile deaths - Freddie Mercury for example, put a sympathetic face on their rights and the abuses of them.

I think rolling back discriminatory laws based on ****** preference was a good thing, but, I think that carving out legal, extra-special protection as a “protected class” for personal behavior is wrong. This brought on the era of anti discrimination lobbying at a governmental and corporate level. Which then morphed into special protections at work, having pride month, gay rights and not just support for it, but outright endorsement of it as a requirement in HR departments.

Only that itself is discrimination because like it or not there are several religions that consider homosexuality a sin. Devout followers of these religions are being COMPELLED at a corporate level to absolutely endorse homosexual behavior, special protections and not speak out against it.
And companies have thusly been lobbied to not only comply with the “protected class” but, publicly endorse “tolerance” ( aka, if you don’t have a pride month recognition, your company is discriminating agains the protected LGBTQIAB+/- community ! ).

So I ask in all seriousness, what of the Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Wiccans and any other sect who consider homosexuality to be a sin; How is this not offensive to these potential customers?

Where’s the veteran edition Raptor? There isn’t one. There probably should have been one years ago and hopefully Ford creates one.
I think at this point the “special cause edition” has jumped the shark and companies would be wise to pull back their ... endorsement of or creation of a vehicle or program for this purpose. How’s Disney faring on this front? Target? A/B under Imbev? These lost sales are very real dollars.

This corporate behavior has actual consequences, and could cost otherwise innocent employees their livelihoods because of the stupid on a galactic scale decision to compel acceptance of behavior that most people find ok if they don’t witness it, but when they do, they’re very much turned off no matter how much they say they don’t care.

This is really a pointless conversation because much like abortion rights, you’re either on one side or the other, and extremely unlikely to sway someone.

Ford makes trucks and lots of them. Do they really want to be the very gay company represented on job sites, or do they want to be the company represented on job sites that does the work really well?

I’m gonna step out on a limb and say the latter is far, far more important.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I told you they do, but the outrage **** media didn't "shove it down your throat" and you didn't spend 30 seconds researching if they do/did?

ford-warriors-in-pink-logo-hero-2880x738-d.jpeg

Ford Warriors in Pink® is a Ford Motor Company initiative dedicated to helping and inspiring those in the fight against breast cancer. Ford has been active in the fight against breast cancer for 30 years and has dedicated more than $139 million to the cause. Through the sale of Ford Warriors in Pink inspirational wear and gear, Ford helps provide transportation solutions for patients in need.

FORD PRESENTS "THE WARRIORS IN PINK PODCAST" - MODELS OF COURAGE WHO TESTIFY IN SUPPORT OF THE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH ACROSS THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA​

1602781601816.jpg

Photos wont link for some reason. Google "Ford Warriors in Pink vehicles" for examples.
i am glad Ford has a cancer themed vehicle!!! However, the only reason I started this thread is my belief that companies, government and other entities only cause more division when they focus on one minority group. For example, affirmative action, or the current hot topic, reparations. If my black friends get my tax dollars for something that occurred long before I was born, I will be pissed. i don’t have kids, but if I did and I discovered a 7 year old boy was allowed to use the girls bathroom with my daughter inside, I will be pissed. If my kid qualified to enter an Ivy League school, but was not admitted so a less qualified person of color could, I would be pissed. All of those things cause bias, just like a gay Raptor and the Bud Light can. Before the BLM riots, I never thought twice about black people, but because most were never prosecuted, I got pissed because BLM was treated special. I currently know many cops that will not knowingly stop a black person, but I got a seatbelt ticket yesterday. The only point I wanted to make is Ford, Target, Biden and California are just feeding the flames by making a minority special.