Raptor to Shelby F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu21

Reaction score
I’d look into the F-250 Lariat tremor with black appearance package and 6.7 powerstroke diesel for the Cadillac taste you have.
Then if you really want the other bumpers and stuff like roush and Shelby have, pick out one that YOU want for less $$ instead of being pingeonholed into their stickers and their choices.

Speaking of caddy’s the new escalade V looks WILD - but that’s whole different thing.

Blu21

Reaction score
An important thing to remember on the Roush and Shelby trucks is that they’re not factory packages. They come off the line as a standard XLT or Lariat and are then upfitted by an aftermarket company. In the case of Shelby, that is Tuscany in Indiana. This is important because if you go to trade or sell, there is not going to be a listing for the book value of a Roush or Shelby version. So it’s essentially worth what the base truck costs with the addition of whatever the dealer or buyer is willing to pay for the upfit package.

Personally I would just buy an F-250 Tremor Diesel if I needed a 3/4 ton; that provides a great combo of towing/hauling and off-road capability.
Agreed!!

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well amazingly I’ve had the truck for about 6 weeks and it’s been amazing. Pulls 12k like an absolute beast. Fit and finish are spectacular. Given how limited they are I’ve already been offered 20k over sticker (what I paid) so looks to be a decent investment thus far.

Attachments

• 94EEF580-CCB0-4E7D-ACCA-70600E9FB5A5.jpeg
    94EEF580-CCB0-4E7D-ACCA-70600E9FB5A5.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 63

DBart

Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts on a deciding between a 250 Tremor or a 250 Roush. Neither one of them have awesome suspension, but will either one be sufficient offroad? Coming from an Gen 2 18' Raptor. Having a hard time deciding if I should do the Tremor and upgrade the suspension, or get Roush stock, any opinions?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts on a deciding between a 250 Tremor or a 250 Roush. Neither one of them have awesome suspension, but will either one be sufficient offroad? Coming from an Gen 2 18' Raptor. Having a hard time deciding if I should do the Tremor and upgrade the suspension, or get Roush stock, any opinions?
Tremor all day. It's engineered to be a 3/4 ton off road truck by Ford, while the Roush is an aftermarket upfit with no OE warranty. Roush is a joke, don't waste your money.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I’d probably get the tremor. Not sure if Roush is warrantied like my Shelby is. Shelby has an arrangement with ford and they cover all the same warranties for the same time/miles. You just have to have it done at ford dealership that sells Shelby. Shelby also has specific ford licensed window stickers for the trucks so they are easily insured and/or financed at the MSRP value.