Raptor to Shelby back to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But unfortunately it does not come with a rattle and bad cam phasers.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded the Shelby truck. I took a bath in the deal. I get my new truck here soon so I am going to enjoy the last couple days with the Shelby.

I have already ordered wheels, bedcover and bed rug for it. I am looking at lights and tuning it also. I am going to likely sell the stock bead lock rims since I don’t have the room to keep in my garage (I do but I don’t want to keep reminding my wife what I did).

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it better come with all those goodies considering they are asking over 100k for the dam thing!!!

But think about this and why I originally bought the truck.

1. I hated that my once very rare Raptor now is on every street corner. I see one almost every other traffic light in Orlando. The Shelby is 1 of 500 and rare to see. It just took away a little of the uniqueness I enjoyed with my truck.

2. After reading about having a V8 more than a V6 and 2019 did not update the engine - thinking was it was going to be what the Raptor should have been.

3. I wanted to raise my Raptor - this was already done and done correctly with the Shelby *(BDS lift and fully adjustable fox shocks. Even has the Drag links for the crazy HP it puts down)

4. This is probably most important. My 2019 was 77K. Wheels, bed cover, programmer, other enhancements like lights etc will bring me up to 87K. I raised it up and did the Icon suspension it would be almost 90K+...So my thought process was for another 7-8K I get the supercharger and a V8 motor plus the exclusivity of a Shelby truck. I even convinced my wife with that explanation till my wife rode in it and was like WTF.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded the Shelby truck. I took a bath in the deal. I get my new truck here soon so I am going to enjoy the last couple days with the Shelby.

I have already ordered wheels, bedcover and bed rug for it. I am looking at lights and tuning it also. I am going to likely sell the stock bead lock rims since I don’t have the room to keep in my garage (I do but I don’t want to keep reminding my wife what I did).
I was considering dumping my 18 Raptor to get the Shelby as well. Wish I knew you were selling the Shelby at a discount!

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dump the Raptor you likely will come back. The problem I had was the constant whistle and whine from the supercharger - small drone at highway speeds and it had a lot of hood flex due to the newer composite they used for the scoop. I was going to add research steps to it but returned them - but the stock steps are a slip hazard when wet.

The other part that you should know is that when you resell it - all the dealers will low ball you. They will tell you its only a Lariat with some add ons. One dealer tried to give me 60K on trade for it stating that their black book is all their willing to pay. At least with a Roush they have those factored into the trade books..

Last thing I will leave you with on this - My tuned Raptor felt faster (it was not) but it gave you the feeling it was faster. Maybe it was lighter but it was decieving!

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks.

It’s funny when I was at the dealership looking at the Shelby my wife saw the factory sticker (without the Shelby package) and said “you could have bought this truck for 62k, your a *******”. She quickly changed her tune when I told her to look up at the 45k Shelby package.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks.

It’s funny when I was at the dealership looking at the Shelby my wife saw the factory sticker (without the Shelby package) and said “you could have bought this truck for 62k, your a *******”. She quickly changed her tune when I told her to look up at the 45k Shelby package.

I'm confused. Why would your wife be with you at the dealership???

That is clearly a man only zone.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol we actually stopped in to look at a truck for her but quickly got diverted.