Raptor Titanium Lug Nut Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trouble-T

Reaction score
How much of a benefit are these? Save a few ounces on a 6000 plus truck, not trying to talk shit but what's the point?

I am with you. You can take a leak before driving and save more weight. $515 for lug nuts would be the most expensive way possible to save weight. I could not imagine spending that kind of money on lug nuts

swedensky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them for my GT350R and they are great! Great weight savings, and I’ll let @50Deep respond but there are photos vs the Shelby OEM weights already on the world wide web

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much of a benefit are these? Save a few ounces on a 6000 plus truck, not trying to talk shit but what's the point?

Any unsprung weight savings is a performance benefit - the savings on a % basis using TI over FE is significant, HOWEVER - for the cost given that these are 5-6x the cost of regular lug nuts I'd be more interested in going to a lighter wheel.

I also personally am all set w/ open ended lug nuts, I'm sure some folks out there will like the look of rusty stud heads poking out the ends dripping rust stains down your wheel every night, but I'm guessing they're in the minority.

If there was a normal closed version of these I'd be more interested

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score
I am with you. You can take a leak before driving and save more weight. $515 for lug nuts would be the most expensive way possible to save weight. I could not imagine spending that kind of money on lug nuts

Rotating weight makes a BIG difference.

As stated, a lighter wheel for the cost would be better, but these have the potential to be pretty badass.

Trouble-T

Reaction score
Rotating weight makes a BIG difference.

As stated, a lighter wheel for the cost would be better, but these have the potential to be pretty badass.

Yes rotating mass is significant but not an ounce or two vs 100 pound wheel. Plus the weight is more significant the further out on the rotation (tire then wheel then lugs)

If you got the dough and want the cool factor go for it but you cannot validate the weight argument

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that this is expensive upper crust bragging rights bling that comes with a real safety risk factor. Titanium, no matter what grade, is not nearly as dense nor as strong as steel. Use on a very heavy high performance high speed off-road truck is therefore questionable. What this amounts to is a very expensive solution in search of a problem that just might fail - possibly catastrophically - in the middle of nowhere. Think expensive and possibly poisonous snake oil. I suggest that $515 could be spent much more productively, produce performance gains that are actually measurable, and won't entail any element of risk.

If these are not used on million dollar trophy race trucks that weigh a fraction of what a Raptor weighs, then I think that this is a product to avoid.

My 2 cents - personal opinion.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that this is expensive upper crust bragging rights bling that comes with a real safety risk factor. Titanium, no matter what grade, is not nearly as dense nor as strong as steel. Use on a very heavy high performance high speed off-road truck is therefore questionable. What this amounts to is a very expensive solution in search of a problem that just might fail - possibly catastrophically - in the middle of nowhere. Think expensive and possibly poisonous snake oil. I suggest that $515 could be spent much more productively, produce performance gains that are actually measurable, and won't entail any element of risk.

If these are not used on million dollar trophy race trucks that weigh a fraction of what a Raptor weighs, then I think that this is a product to avoid.

My 2 cents - personal opinion.

Yeah TI is weak sauce, it may be OK for the lowly F22 Raptor fighter jet, but the mighty Ford Raptor truck needs some proper FE lugnuts lol!

TI is the strongest base industrial metal by weight, period. It is obviously much less dense than FE however, so for smaller bits & pieces (like lugnuts) the strength to weight factor comes more into play. All things considered, a high end steel lugnut SHOULD be "stronger" than a TI lugnut of the same shape/size but the forces that would need to be in play for that to be an issue would be so extreme its not worth taking into consideration for this application - the lighter weight savings far exceeds any compromise in lugnut "strength"

But as I said previously - at this price point it doesn't make sense TO ME anyhow.

FWIW a good chunk of the expense associated w/ TI products is due to the high cost of machining/working it - and that is precisely because it is so ******** tough it takes alot more speciality drill bits, breaks, presses etc. w/ more force to manipulate the TI material.

Also - again, if I'm paying $600 for lugnuts I'm gonna feel pretty stupid staring @ rusty studs on the heads & rust drips/stains on my wheels.....every single time it gets weight, & can't imagine how they'd look in the winter w/ salt/sand on the road.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"TI is the strongest base industrial metal by weight, period." Maybe so, but it's not the strongest metal. Dandy for the SR-71 and other cost-is-no-object aviation applications because weight is a prime factor in aircraft design and performance, but not so 6,000 pound trucks.

Now let's talk about this particular application. What will repeatedly applying 150 ft-lbs of torque to TI threads during the life of these lug nuts do to them as the tires are rotated season after season? I don't know, but I can tell you which treads are stronger - the steel threads on the studs or the TI threads in the nuts. That's a gimme.

Last edited: