Raptor Throwing Every Error Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Nelson

Reaction score
Just got the Ford Pass alert. This is really strange. Can’t engage 4x4, can’t engage the parking brake, Sync system and nav was unavailable. Definitely seems electrical based on the weird errors.

I was splashing around in puddles around the dunes earlier but nothing was thrown at that time.

View attachment 150235
Just had that one show up, did not reduce power but threatened too. Was driving in 4A cause of rain. It dried up so switched to 2wh and a couple of miles down the road that error popped up. Drove home and I have the Bully dog tuner so I reset the code and all is fine. For now at least.

OP
OP
allenilly3

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure was interesting and a pleasure to see how everyone jumped on this Forum to give you a helping hand.

Just so I can learn from your experience, there are a lot of different ground points in a truck.

How many grounds did they work on?

What was the actual bad ground point that caused the failure?

Thanks

Sorry for the late response on this one. There were 2 loose grounds that had stripped screws. One of them I removed previously and must have stripped out (still not sure how), and the other was never touched. The ground screws were towards the front of the engine bay on both the left and right sides.

OP
OP
allenilly3

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had that one show up, did not reduce power but threatened too. Was driving in 4A cause of rain. It dried up so switched to 2wh and a couple of miles down the road that error popped up. Drove home and I have the Bully dog tuner so I reset the code and all is fine. For now at least.

If it happens again, check the ground screws in the front of the engine bay. Mine looked fine and didn't move with a slight tug but they were my issue. There are 2 screws per side if I recall.

Next, I would check the rear speed sensors to see if any dirt or water got in there.

After that, take it to Ford lol.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
If your wheel speed sensors are good then it more than likely a ground issue.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Tuners can induce plenty of issues; the factory calibrations are extremely sensitive to parameters that are outside of the norm. Remove the tuner and re-evaluate.