Raptor TCM Support is Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....I just think Cobb is on a money grab here.

Nope, not at all.

When Cobb develops more features (for ECU and Trans), and they will, all the new stuff will be free FOREVER if you have made the initial buy-in. MPT will NOT provide anything free after some period of time. I can't remember what it is off-hand, but after a while I paid it to get another tune (same tune, 93PRT) without the trans tune. Simple, but it cost me $$$ for a simple update. That's when I purchased the entire HPTuners software pro suite so I could do anything myself. The HPTuners setup is very good, but it is whatever the OEM ECU has. Cobb writes their own software code for the ECU to do the "special" functions that are essential for the full package of tuning. YMMV

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most tuners provide updates free, including MPT. Obviously if you want a tweak, they charge but if the tuner updates their tune they send it out free. This has been my experience with many different tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nclemens

Reaction score
Anyone else running the "Sport" TCM tune? I've been running this setup since Friday and came across a small issue. Curious if anyone else has had the same thing come up?

In NORMAL drive mode during light throttle situations, at about 28-30 mph, it will shift from 5-6 which is just slightly fast per the shift schedule (if i'm reading it right) but then it will almost immediately shift 6-7. Following the shift to 7th it will downshift back to 5th. This is all while applying pretty consistent light throttle. Per the shift schedule, it shouldn't perform 6-7 until roughly 40 mph? I've been able to reproduce the behavior several times. If your driving a little more spirited it seems to act pretty well. I am running 37" tires btw.

Now with all that being said, SPORT mode works flawlessly so far. I am 100% satisfied with how it performs. I have not tried the "OEM+" tune yet...

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m sure goosetuned will help.

I'm sorry for the issues. If you give us a call at 866-922-3059 we can help get you going!

So are you saying that 2017 and 2018 trucks will get up hill assist with the 2019 tcm flash? One other question I have is does the transmission tune only effect normal and sport modes or are the other modes changed. Thanks for all the work Cobb. I never had any big issues with my transmission but after running the stage 2 set up for 10 months and having no issues I had to give this a try.

No, it will not add that feature. The shift strategy used in the 19 model year is used for the earlier trucks though.

Essentially, only normal and sport modes are affected. There are some slight tweaks to the upshift inhibit table in tow mode too but the real differences are in normal and sport.

Anyone else running the "Sport" TCM tune? I've been running this setup since Friday and came across a small issue. Curious if anyone else has had the same thing come up?

In NORMAL drive mode during light throttle situations, at about 28-30 mph, it will shift from 5-6 which is just slightly fast per the shift schedule (if i'm reading it right) but then it will almost immediately shift 6-7. Following the shift to 7th it will downshift back to 5th. This is all while applying pretty consistent light throttle. Per the shift schedule, it shouldn't perform 6-7 until roughly 40 mph? I've been able to reproduce the behavior several times. If your driving a little more spirited it seems to act pretty well. I am running 37" tires btw.

Now with all that being said, SPORT mode works flawlessly so far. I am 100% satisfied with how it performs. I have not tried the "OEM+" tune yet...

The schedule graphs will only be applicable to stock tire sizes. If that is different, the shift schedule will be too.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running the COBB TCM tune for about 150 miles and I can assure you it is worth every penny.

Blows my mind how some people spend $60-70k for a truck then cry about a few hundred bucks. You want cheaper, go with competitor. You want best in industry, shell out a few hundred bucks. Simple as that.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loading the TCM tune in my Accessport in the COBB parking lot as we speak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nero_Wolfe

Reaction score

My truck does this with the stock size tires but at around 45. It will be in 7th then shift to 10th and lug the motor like the OEM TCM tune. After a few seconds it shifts back to 7th. It’s odd.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give the COBB maps a try first, it's a huge difference from what you're used to!

Yeah thats what I plan to do! I bought the tuner with the TCM tune. Once I get my "new" diff in I'll re flash it! I'm excited