Raptor tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tailgate on a raptor is the same as a regular f150? I’m mainly concerned with the tailgate bed liner. I want to get rid of the stripper pole and just put a flat bed liner piece on the tailgate. I found one on eBay that fits all 09-14 f150s but says it’s not compatible with the raptor. I’m wondering if it will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL stripper pole! Looking at Livermore Ford's online parts book, it's the same part number for a Raptor or an STX (I just picked a different trim). I can't see them being different, look identical between my '13 and my '14 work truck. Must be #Raptortax, do they charge double for one that "fits"?

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tailgate on a raptor is the same as a regular f150? I’m mainly concerned with the tailgate bed liner. I want to get rid of the stripper pole and just put a flat bed liner piece on the tailgate. I found one on eBay that fits all 09-14 f150s but says it’s not compatible with the raptor. I’m wondering if it will fit.

on my old 09 f150 i did the stripper pole delete. you can unbolt the whole assembly, and there is a ford part that covers the whole where the mechanism usually goes. it was like under 30 bucks if i remember, a lot cheaper than a whole tailgate.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing that panel for over 300.00. I was just going to get the 40 dollar plastic tailgate liner and call it good. Just want to make sure it fits Do you have a link to the panel you bought. I’d really like the sheet metal one so i can do a spray on liner. But I’m not spending 300 on that thing

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing that panel for over 300.00. I was just going to get the 40 dollar plastic tailgate liner and call it good. Just want to make sure it fits Do you have a link to the panel you bought. I’d really like the sheet metal one so i can do a spray on liner. But I’m not spending 300 on that thing

let me see if i can dig it up. it was just a primed piece of metal you can paint to the color of the rest of the tailgate, but i left mine primed.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

just did a quick search, can't find my receipt. for some reason it looks like everyone is charging over 300 bucks now for one of those small cheap little panels which is mind blowing to me. I know there is no way in hell I paid over 100 dollars for one of those things. Maybe it was because when I bought one, it was still current gen? not sure.

Edit
just now dug up some old threads from my f150 forum days, and saw that those used to cost 51 bucks.

Last edited:

Deckmaster

Reaction score
Wish they were still that inexpensive. I am hunting all over for that as I am about to have the bed sprayed and want the pole gone. Anyone know if there are other parts that match up? Perhaps the one for the super duty trucks? The pole on my father's '15 F-250 is the same. Does the plate match up?

Or perhaps someone has some CAD files for a simple flat plate to fit there? Something a sheet metal shop could cut out real easy?

Last edited:

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did this on my 2014 tailgate from a 2010 f150. Check with a wrecker in your area and snag the tailgate access panel from a used or banged up one. Cost me $40CDN for the panel, not damaged at all, from a guy parting out a 2010 f150. It is white but was fortunately line-x'd already so black matches nicely. Now I just have to get the bottom half of the tailgate done with line'x as well since the plastic panel covers it.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the plastic covering the tail gate. It is only fastened at the top and top half of the side, so the bottom is loose and warps up and get hung up when sliding stuff out of the bed. Also, those plastic ripples are hard on the knees of this old man. I installed a sheet of aluminum diamond plate in place of the plastic cover. It's flat, so like it much better. Did the same on the previous two trucks. The diamond plate is easier to slide stuff in and out of the bed than the ribbed metal tailgate, but is not as slippery as the plastic covering, which, for me is a good thing.