Raptor Tailgate Step (How hard is it to upgrade a tailgate without the steps?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi, here in the Philippines we have a very limited source of imported F150 Raptors. I'm looking at getting a white Raptor however those last few batches that were imported comes with the regular tailgate (NO Ford Applique) The raptor is known for that big FORD on the tailgate and for me, it looks way better on the monster Raptor. There are a couple of units with the applique however no tailgate steps.

My question is, What's the best and lower costing changes can I do to have the Ford Applique as well as the tailgate steps?

Options:

1. Replace the tailgate with the steps and applique. How much it would cost? Where to get them aside from the dealers?
2. Buy the raptor with the applique but without steps and, buy the parts like the tailgate steps and put them all together.

I really don't like the bland look of the tailgate without the applique. That adds a lot to the overall look of the truck. Unfortunately, the new Raptor R is nowhere to be found and will be likely available next year. Settling for the 2021 last batch of the 2nd Gen Raptor.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions....

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get a "take off' tailgate with applique and step. Look on ebay, however they are expensive plus shipping it's going to get expensive quick.

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
I had the tailgate with the step but I didn’t have the appliqué and wanted it I bought a different tailgate without the step ..
The tailgate with the step is probably 4 times heaver than without the step
And the mounts on the truck are different