Raptor T-case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This article is about the Gen2, but the same rings true for the gen3, I don’t even have a Gen3 but am posting this here b/c it’s esp worth noting when trying to compare to something like the TRX (or any other 1/2 ton)

The Raptor has a bespoke Borg-Warner transfer case that, in a nutshell, allows it to behave more like AWD than ANY other truck w/ “4a or 4auto” - there’s no delay like in most 1/2 tons equipped w/ this part time 4WD feature & also no binding (most 1/2 tons will bind for a second in 4a @ full lock on dry pavement)

When you consider this, + the torsen diff, + 4.10s, + forged internals on the 3.5 (& I think the 5.2 SC is as well) + the ability to run in 2wd w/ the locker

Raptor > TRX

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This article is about the Gen2, but the same rings true for the gen3, I don’t even have a Gen3 but am posting this here b/c it’s esp worth noting when trying to compare to something like the TRX (or any other 1/2 ton)

The Raptor has a bespoke Borg-Warner transfer case that, in a nutshell, allows it to behave more like AWD than ANY other truck w/ “4a or 4auto” - there’s no delay like in most 1/2 tons equipped w/ this part time 4WD feature & also no binding (most 1/2 tons will bind for a second in 4a @ full lock on dry pavement)

When you consider this, + the torsen diff, + 4.10s, + forged internals on the 3.5 (& I think the 5.2 SC is as well) + the ability to run in 2wd w/ the locker

Raptor > TRX
I agree
May be subjective but
Even without all that fancy stuff im still
Raptor > TRX

lawraptor

Reaction score
I guess I’ve never really looked that close, but is this normal that we’ve got some leaking of the t-case?

4,000 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 32

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I’ve never really looked that close, but is this normal that we’ve got some leaking of the t-case?

4,000 miles.
That is not the transfer case, it’s the differential( rear end), but no, I wouldn’t consider leakage at 4K miles as normal. The transfer case is going to be forward of the rear end, at the end of the driveshaft and before the transmission

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

4,000 miles.
Your Rear Differential is weeping. You can clean it with some BrakeKleen and then take a socket and give each bolt no more than a quarter turn to see if the weep goes away. Might have been loose from the factory. Otherwise you will need to drain fluid to pull the cover, re-seal with RTV and fill the rear diff back up with fluid. Its an easy job yourself but at only 4k it should be covered under warranty so make the dealer fix it. Not normal at all.