raptor sub box.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about these-----JL Audio 10W7AE-3..... 2 of them

They need 1.25 cubic feet per sub whereas most other 10" subs I was looking at are .8 cubic feet on down.

My question is can you make one to fit under the seat of a scab raptor?

I have been looking at some different companies and they don't have the space for these under the seat.

I think you know what these ******* cost so not having the right amount of space is a huge waste of money.

Any ideas?

I thought if I was going 2 10s I would do one of the best. I had 3 jl12's for 10 YEARS!!, and they finally gave out. Im a little older now but still want some quality to my stereo. Not so much the 3 12's **** off your neighbor type. I really only kept them so long because they still worked.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

theres always going with this one and just doing one 12". $700 cheaper sub setup is a plus I guess-----

JL Audio 12W7AE-3

this only needs 1.375cubic feet for a sealed box

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

also

since we are talking this kind of money, do you have any other preferences for subs?

I went jl bandwagon long ago and the fact that my first set lasted 10 years, no wait, 14 years, **** im getting old, anyway....That's why I looked back into them this time.

I know theres all kinds of comp shit out there I have never heard of as well but then everything gets exponentially more expensive

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the w7 wont fit. it is way too deep. the tw3 woofers just barely fit under there. unless you want to raise your rear seat up quite a few inches. for the supercabs, the tw3 and tw5 were the biggest woofers i have been able to fit under there without modification.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the tw3 and tw5 seem to be the shallow subs. how good will 2-10" tw3/tw5's be compared to 3 jl12w3v2?

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Ive never seen a shallow sub like those before. Do they hold up compared to the rest?

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

tw5 as in a 13.5" sub?

really? how would two work under there?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can only fit 1 tw5 under the seat, but you can fit 2 10tw3s. the tw3/5 move as much air as the w3. side by side, the w3 will have a little deeper bass response, but they are a very good speaker.