Raptor Steering Wheel Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxMaxPowerxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. it was a big help. I installed a new steering wheel for a used 2012 SCREW I bought a couple weeks ago. Perfect interior (and almost perfect exterior) condition except the red leather notch and general wheel wear. Given the amount of $$ this vehicle cost me I didn't think it makes sense to look at a crappy wheel. I now think any used car I ever buy will get a new wheel it's made such a huge difference!

With your instructions it only took me 15 min (not including battery disconnect wait time) to swap.

For others looking for instructions: for a straight wheel swap there's no need to take off the cowling around the steering column (top or bottom) and you don't need the T20 to remove the metal plate sitting behind the airbag, you can leave that on. I'm not actually sure why it was removed in the example, but it may give you access to something I didn't need. Last tip, Ford uses thread-locker glue on the main T50 bolt. So it is a good idea to replace the bolt or clean the original off and apply some fresh thread-lock.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I have no idea! I took in in for an oil change last year and as I was giving my keys to the tech he said is your steering wheel bent? I looked and sure as shit it is!

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
Do y'all think the steering wheel swap will be just as easy on a 2013/2014 with power telescoping wheel? My red stripe is the only ugly blemish on the inside of my truck and I want to replace it. Bugs me everytime I look at it. The previous owner wore it out, I don't touch it very much so it wasn't from me.

Oh, also upon exiting the truck, I made the mistake of grabbing the wheel while it is still moving out of the way. I grab the wheel for a little leverage so I don't wear out my seats with my jeans and now my steering wheel makes a little noise as it cycles out of the way. I don't use the wheel for leverage anymore, I grab the outside of the cab to lift up off my seats. I wonder if I bent something or if I just need to go in and lubricate something or make an adjustment. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
Did you try warranty yet? If your under the 3/36k that is?

I tried and I'm at 38,*** miles. The guy wouldn't budge but said I could swap wheels with another Raptor (say with 10,000 miles like my dad's Raptor) then he could bring it in under warranty. My dads looks brand new and he has to take his truck in for a warranty issue anyway due to a noise coming out of the A/C unit (sounds like a prop plane).

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone know what the part number for the raptor steering wheel with NAV/MyTouch (if that makes a difference)? Is it different on the years?