Raptor skit plate damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J__Steezy

Reaction score
So, just had my first (hopefully last) Raptor hit. Went off roading with another Raptor, didn’t see the dip down the hill and smacked the heck out of my front skid plate along with a fender. I’ve taken the Raptor off roaring multiple times but this one hit really has me annoyed..as you can see on the pictures the front skid plate is bent and right fender in sticking out, seems like one of the clips broke off and has it popping out. Rookie raptor owner here, did some research and it seems like a rubber hammer might help undenting it, thankfully I didn’t ruin the main grill or crazy caused a crazy bent front bumper, popped out the fender. Really can’t drop 500+ for a new bumper, any suggestions? Thunking a heat gun to the small grill can help reshape it, not so sure about the skid plate and fender.

0AFC1E6A-CF1A-4245-9519-67F2A6C215D6.jpeg

882B67CC-4150-496F-ADA4-37A96F6C1CBF.jpeg

D521E2B7-C2FF-48FA-80D4-B0A090F887E1.jpeg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can try to bend the bumper back out, but its going to be a pain in the ass to align. the skid.... do what i did, pulled it off and ran over it with the truck. flattened it back out. the issue you might have is the brackets are probably bent too. a torch and a brick and a hammer and some giant channel locks are what i used to straighten the brakcets. never was perfect, but better. then i went and got new bumpers eventually. the stock one is pretty flimsy. lex motorspors and evil manufacturing make some really good stuff and can accomodate your specific needs

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is one hell of a skid plate, could it possibly be torqueing on the bumper up as well? The bumpers are thinner sheet metal so I can see this being a symptom. Hopefully your fender clips are still intact! Be very careful removing those, they can get brittle! X2 on running it over to straighten it back out and then hammer time!

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What they said. Also, try to save more money and invest on a steel bumper for better front-end protection.