Raptor Satin Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will keep track when i do my truck. the cost of the material and the amount of time it takes. it shouldnt be nearly that much

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

although mine will be a clear wrap so materials cost might differ

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford-raptor-matte-black-ken-block_2_zps2303f7a8.png

ford-raptor-matte-black-ken-block_1_zps3b1b4dba.png

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is so cool looking, one o fly favorite looking trucks...I never thought I would like a wrap that much...I am in love...

Wheels?

Tires?

OP
OP
T

tysonwright

Reaction score
I guess my biggest issue (outside of the cost) is the location. I'm close to Chicago so I was hoping to get a recommendation on a business that does this kind of work in the area. Thanks.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will keep track when i do my truck. the cost of the material and the amount of time it takes. it shouldnt be nearly that much

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

although mine will be a clear wrap so materials cost might differ

I have one question... IF I scratch or get minor scratches off roading how do u take car this on a vinyl car?

If it was paint.. u can buff some out.. but vinyl u can only re-wrap it?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one question... IF I scratch or get minor scratches off roading how do u take car this on a vinyl car?

Yeah generally you rewrap it, but its done in sections so its not usually a bad job at all to replace one. Had a buddy with a GTR that got his keyed (had full 3m clear) and it was deep into the vinyl but the paint was untouched underneath. So definitely a good way to protect your investment.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Once the scratch is there you can not get it out, but depending on angle and color not always noticeable. Only option is to rewrap that panel.

This is my truck with scratches from a few feet away.

7011049755_1b8801e96a_z.jpg
IMG_0200 by cbsmd001, on Flickr

This is a close up.

7054836753_6fff5fcbe0_z.jpg
IMG_0215 by cbsmd001, on Flickr

Since I have scratches up and down the truck I would have to rewrap the whole thing, but it really dose protect the paint (had the pillars and side view mirrors redone, paint was perfect).

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the clear 3M or something thicker...

but also saw a black brushed aluminum wrap.. and that thing looked niCe!

guess Ill go with clear wrap..