Raptor R Wishlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm holding on to my Gen 1 while I wait to put down money on the R. I'm waiting because I'm betting that the R designation will mean a V-8, more horsepower, and better off-road capabilities. My wish list is a V-8 with active exhaust (keep 'er quiet while cruising, let 'er roar off-road) and 700+ hp; reinforced drivetrain to match hp/tq; dual shock front, linked rear; 16-18" wheel travel front and rear; 37" tires; steel bumpers that maximize approach/departure angles; pre-wired lighting access points; reinforced roof for better protection in rollover; running boards that double as rock rails; and add to the luxury vibe in the interior while adding safety harnesses to the seats. :cool:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want a body design similar to a UTV... Panels can be removed/ replaced using plastic rivnuts. Totally modular. And plastic. The cage and frame give it stuctural strength.
Ecoboost coyote
Dual clutch trans
Fog light standard
Hidden winch option
More aggressive tire options
Regular cab option

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford actually comes through and makes the damn thing, I’ll consider it an accomplishment on their part.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
My thought is Ram is waiting for the Raptor R before they release a Redeye version of the TRX. As good as the current Raptor is, my wish list is simple. Take everything the Raptor on 37’s has and throw a Supercharged V8 at it with at least 750hp/700tq, because Ram will come for blood.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a current gen 3 and subtract the features like adaptive cruise, lane keep, auto start/stop, etc.

Build drivetrain capable of 750/700 or so. Put in a. V8 (N/A, turbo, or Supercharged) capable of about 600-650 or so, so we are real durable on both engine and driveline.

OP
OP
TrailRunner

TrailRunner

Reaction score
reinforced roof for better protection in rollover; running boards that double as rock rails; and add to the luxury vibe in the interior while adding safety harnesses to the seats. :cool:
I think rock sliders/step-up bars would be a great choice for Ford. I like the ones I’ve got on my Jeep but I don’t like the options from ADD and the other fabricators enough to justify the purchase. But if they came factory mounted and I could just roll the cost into financing with the rest of the vehicle… that’s a whole ‘notha story.

And I know it’d be dumb, unnecessary, and probably a PITA but I would totally love race seats and five point harnesses in the Raptor R!

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they make it... Make it as available as the TRX... Not some dealers get 1 or 2 and some get none.

Ram is churning out TRXs like they have a stockpile of supercharged 6.2s

Kodyray72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*SC 7.3 Godzilla to keep the front weight SOMEWHAT down compared to the predator 5.2sc
*37 km3’s standard
*Beefed up 5 link out back
*Even better approach and departure angles(different bumpers)
*Optional bed rack with 2 spares
*Newer more aggressive fenders and hood
*Slightly better travel compared to a gen3 37pp, 14-15 up front and 17-18 out back would be rad.
*Rear hydraulic bump stops

Probably a pipe dream but that’d be my ideal R.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*SC 7.3 Godzilla to keep the front weight SOMEWHAT down compared to the predator 5.2sc
*37 km3’s standard
*Beefed up 5 link out back
*Even better approach and departure angles(different bumpers)
*Optional bed rack with 2 spares
*Newer more aggressive fenders and hood
*Slightly better travel compared to a gen3 37pp, 14-15 up front and 17-18 out back would be rad.
*Rear hydraulic bump stops

Probably a pipe dream but that’d be my ideal R.
The 7.3 weighs more than the 5.2 S/C…

5.2 S/C: 536lbs
7.3: 580lbs

Add another 75-100lbs for an S/C on the 7.3.