Raptor R Wishlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailRunner

Reaction score
If you got the opportunity to sit down with the Ford design team, what are the options/items you would ask them to include for the Raptor R? What standards of performance would you demand? What would you set as the price point?

For me personally, I’d like a blown V8 cranking out at least 500-600hp and about 550ft-lbs of torque turning 37 inch tires (standard). I think a 0-60 time in 5.0 sec would be highly achievable. I’d want to see 14-16 inches of wheel travel in the front and at least 20 inches in the back. Linked suspension would be an obvious “must.”

I’d also love to see a caged interior with high end Corbeau/Braum/Sparco race seats. Cherry on top would be to offer the Raptor R under $90k… but that’s just me wanting my cake and to eat it too.

So what am I missing?? What else do you want to see on the Raptor R??

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is all about green, so I’m hoping for the Mr. Fusion HO power plant, which will deliver 57 gigawatts of power to individual DC electric motors at each corner. Range would be unlimited and I could also run the espresso machine on campouts for my lattes. Oh yeah, I want it for $50k.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No frills, scab with a powerboost powertrain, 39 off road tires, caged and harnessed, cup holders for large water bottles only (lattes fall through), full race prep suspension, off road tires. Agreement to not sell the vehicle for 2 years and a price around 150-200k. No limit on production, if people put down a nonrefundable deposit then it gets built with any color Ford currently has. Options would be decals, gps and radios, rear mounted cooling fans.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No frills, scab with a powerboost powertrain, 39 off road tires, caged and harnessed, cup holders for large water bottles only (lattes fall through), full race prep suspension, off road tires. Agreement to not sell the vehicle for 2 years and a price around 150-200k. No limit on production, if people put down a nonrefundable deposit then it gets built with any color Ford currently has. Options would be decals, gps and radios, rear mounted cooling fans.
I always have Starbucks put my latte into an extra large sippy cup. I sure hope that will fit in your cup holders or I will have to pass. :)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is all about green, so I’m hoping for the Mr. Fusion HO power plant, which will deliver 57 gigawatts of power to individual DC electric motors at each corner. Range would be unlimited and I could also run the espresso machine on campouts for my lattes. Oh yeah, I want it for $50k.

That's ridiculous. Mr. Fusion is only capable of producing 1.21 gigawatts. Can we keep this discussion to realistic expectations please?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SC V8 with Powerboost, but battery taking up part of the bed rather than under rear seat or reducing fuel tank size. Bring back switching LED interior colors. 2nd row of aux switches. Prewired for additional lights/equipment in desirable locations (fog pockets, grille, lower grille, roof line, 3rd brake light, rear bumper, all 4 wheel wells, bed). Built in 5G with no subscription fees. Add Space white exterior, eliminate blue interior, add marine grade vinyl option. Retractable stairs for elderly, dogs, sheep, or whatever you're into. Cooled rear seats, massaging front seats. Custom voice assistant that will tell you how great you are when you've had a bad day. built in gun safe, refrigerator, and microwave. Ability to transform into a camping tent (optional). Ability to configure seat configuration, drive mode, exhaust, and other features based on driver, current weather, date, and time of day. Lots of easter eggs of a Raptor beating up a T-rex.

Free with 50k Ford reward points.

OP
OP
TrailRunner

TrailRunner

Reaction score
Yassssssss all this. I basically want a factory luxorunner that’s all about performance. I’ve grown to love the refinement and comfort that comes with owning a Raptor, but I would much prefer my money buy more power and performance.

Idk if I’d ever be able to justify a $150k truck, but I’m all about your approach to building a street legal trophy truck!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
SCAB, and the V8. Everything else is secondary.

Another short bus Raptor enthusiast ;-)

pass.

1) harden the door locks so the truck would at least drop to the 2nd most stolen truck.
2) remove the option for a moon roof.
3) Last drive mode memory; Truck starts and remembers what drive mode you were in last time.
4) As close to the current Jen Tres as can be done, but for necessary changes. keep the cost from going nuts.
5) build them.