Raptor R vs TRX Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps you have forgotten that you posted an entire thread with an opinion poll calling me out on well known and widely available facts?
And then you changed your position after you said multiple times it was the same engine as the superduty..

You have name called and not had a civil discussion with me one time, you're a condescending person. Everyone here loves you, I don't. Move on with your life, I realize the thread was a bad look, and I've chosen the high road. I still think you're wrong because multiple times you stated that nothing changed from the super duty engine and I don't have the time or inclination to go quote them in a post.

Have a nice day

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally haven’t heard it myself, but I’ll take your word for it as you always seem to be straightforward and rational.
Dirty deeds has done a good job with it, but it appears to be repeatable if you were to build a similar setup DIY.

Another trick for helping a “metallic/raspy” exhaust is a bit thicker wall thickness on the tubing.

I will say I like the exhaust note fine on the 6.2 but it isn’t my favorite. As far as sound I actually prefer (don’t tell my grandpa) an LS, Big block Chevy, or more recently some of the 7.3’s with a cam have been killer.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should stop running your mouth about things you don’t understand. The 6.2 was designed for Super Duty to replace the 5.4 3V. That’s it. It had nothing to do with the Raptor, it was simply the largest F-150 engine they had at the time and it had a short run before it was discontinued in ‘14.

I can’t even believe I have to even explain his, but here you are. The 6.2 was not an “SVT” engine. It was never a Raptor exclusive engine. It was available in every other F-150, and it certainly wasn’t a “halo” engine lol.

What are you even talking about? The fact that you’re implying the 6.2 was an “SVT engine” really just reinforces that you’re digging your own grave deeper.
Hey FordTechOne,

You bring up an interesting point on the “SVT” engine on the 6.2. Didn’t know that.

For the 2010 were these SVT-specific engines or something taken off the shelf for expediency?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey FordTechOne,

You bring up an interesting point on the “SVT” engine on the 6.2. Didn’t know that.

For the 2010 were these SVT-specific engines or something taken off the shelf for expediency?
Not SVT specific. Not sure about expediency, but it was the same engine available in other F-150 models.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. All the keyboard debate is now settled… Raptor R kicks the fiat TRX to the curb

I was thinking of posting this in the R section. The factory calibration is dialing back power as the truck approaches the 114MPH speed limiter, so it’s actually even faster than the numbers indicate. Which is incredible.

“Given its massive 700-pound weight advantage, we expected the 6077-pound Raptor R's advantage to surpass the 0.2-second gap it puts on the TRX in the quarter-mile. The blame lies with the 37-inch BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2s and their 112-mph speed rating, which don't allow Ford to unleash the supercharged 5.2-liter V-8's true potential. From 100 to 110 mph, each mile per hour clicks by in roughly 0.2 second. The Raptor R reaches 110 mph in 11.1 seconds and then power is pulled as the truck approaches the 114-mph speed limiter. It takes another 0.9 second to reach 112 mph and the quarter-mile, when it should take half as much time.”

Last edited: