Raptor R vs TRX Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're wrong buddy. Quit projecting your shortcomings. Do 5 minutes of research and then swallow your wrongness..

Gen1 engine is unique to the SVT Raptor.. will at least 30 people back me up with a like please?

And then you can change your name to Fordtechnumbertwo for not knowing this basic piece of ford raptor history...who even listens to you?

As I said, I don't mind my appliance engine with no soul or personality. It's fine, but everyone around my very pretty truck cringes when it starts, even though the almighty ford said a pcm update would straighten it out... it didn't and now they're going to want to lift the cab off to replace the cam phasers.. pretty sad.
I honestly don’t even know what to say. You kept bringing up “intelligence” and as much as I tried to be nice, I think you were right. You’re a lost cause.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the 6.2 in g1 had a different cam and tune vs other vehicles it shared the motor with. Is that incorrect?

Also, isn’t the 3.5 in the g2 and HO versions just lower compression pistons, revised exhaust manifold, and better materials used in the turbo?
not that motor trend is the gospel but I found this:

“The base engine made its debut in the 2011 Ford Super Duty with 385 horsepower and 405 pound-feet of torque. A unique cam profile means the engine pumps out 411 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 434 pound-feet at 4500 rpm in Raptor trim.”

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And once tuned, the 3.5 H.O. is an absolute beast. Maybe you’ve never heard of Goosetuned?

Cool. Would love to see that data to back that up. And even if it were true, who cares? If you are so happy with your TRX why are you still posting here?
I’m still here because I have a G2 Raptor, that happens to be Goosetuned, while I wait for my TRX to be built.

I’m definitely going to be sad when I have to part with my Raptor. I have no doubt it will be bittersweet making the switch.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And here's my gen1 with a unique to SVT raptor 6.2L boss that fordtechnumbertwo knows nothing about
Wrong, again, as always. The G1 Raptor debuted with the 5.4. 3V. The 6.2 was never unique to Raptor. It was the same engine you could get right down to an XL fleet truck. Why do you keep posting when you have no idea what you’re talking about?

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong, again, as always. The G1 Raptor debuted with the 5.4. 3V. The 6.2 was never unique to Raptor. It was the same engine you could get right down to an XL fleet truck. Why do you keep posting when you have no idea what you’re talking about?
I got curious so I’ve been looking at this more and everything I’ve found says the version of the 6.2 in the f150 lineup was originally made for the Raptor. It’s really only a cam and tune but only modified because the Raptor exists.

Also, this is like saying the Raptor 3.5 isn’t unique because it’s offered in the f150 lineup as the HO version and has only a few modifications compared to the basic 3.5.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got curious so I’ve been looking at this more and everything I’ve found says the version of the 6.2 in the f150 lineup was originally made for the Raptor. It’s really only a cam and tune but only modified because the Raptor exists.

Also, this is like saying the Raptor 3.5 isn’t unique because it’s offered in the f150 lineup as the HO version and has only a few modifications compared to the basic 3.5.
The HO was also offered in the f150 Limited for 2 years making it “the fastest stock truck” as they ran 31 or 32” tires instead of 35s.