Raptor R vs TRX Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I never actually talked about any engine other than just a general desire for a V8 so you are actually making stuff up old fart. He bashed V8 engines and then said a V8 is a good engine. Guess to him it depends which one, I don’t care. Cool, all I want is a V8 glad everyone agrees.
Try going back and reading what I actually wrote. There’s only so many V8 engines that Ford makes. You’re “desire for a V8” doesn’t change that. Since “all you want is a V8”, apparently you’d be happy with a 65HP Ford Flathead? I can’t imagine being so close minded.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Try going back and reading what I actually wrote. There’s only so many V8 engines that Ford makes. You’re “desire for a V8” doesn’t change that. Since “all you want is a V8”, apparently you’d be happy with a 65HP Ford Flathead? I can’t imagine being so close minded.
They made a V8 and you said it’s a good truck. I don’t know what you are on about.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the in
Adapt an FPC engine to a truck application with “some cam and intake changes”? :facepalm:

Your “plenty of options” are clearly based on your very limited understanding of engine performance and design. At this point you’re just throwing things at the wall and trying to get them to stick.
You're kidding me right? You know nothing about me. You're not the only master technician on this board.. stop insulting people's intelligence bro. Do you even own a raptor?

I never said the 5.2L was a good fit, I said it was available. Find the quote where I said this.. I was talking about the 5.0 in the mustang vs the truck. I don't think the 5.0 is a great fit in the raptor without a blower.. easily could have done it, but unfortunately the higher ups wanted that Taurus engine real bad. And that's what we all got..

As I stated, the already ready already 6.2L was right there and was a perfect fit as a base engine, with the 450hp 3.5L even as a no cost option, I know what most people would have went with.. just saying it was a e series fleet engine, doesn't make it a great engine in the raptor, as is clearly shown with the high mile gen1s still running strong..

500hp is all that's needed in a raptor...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the in

You're kidding me right? You know nothing about me. You're not the only master technician on this board.. stop insulting people's intelligence bro. Do you even own a raptor?
I know that you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about based on your posts. It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with the subject matter. Remember when you claimed Ford could have “easily” offered a SCAB G3 because the frame was already on a regular F-150? Then you got schooled on basic manufacturing? Lol please. Just stop.
I never said the 5.2L was a good fit, I said it was available. Find the quote where I said this.. I was talking about the 5.0 in the mustang vs the truck. I don't think the 5.0 is a great fit in the raptor without a blower.. easily could have done it, but unfortunately the higher ups wanted that Taurus engine real bad. And that's what we all got..
Now you just sound like a Sasquatch. G2 engine was never in a “Taurus”, it was all new for 2017 and shares 70% of its parts with the Ford GT. Nobody cares what you think because you have proven that you know absolutely nothing. I posted the interview transcript with Ford’s VP and all you did was come up with a ridiculous conspiracy theory. You’re just making a mockery of yourself at this point.
As I stated, the already ready already 6.2L was right there and was a perfect fit as a base engine, with the 450hp 3.5L even as a no cost option, I know what most people would have went with.. just saying it was a e series fleet engine, doesn't make it a great engine in the raptor, as is clearly shown with the high mile gen1s still running strong..
Once again proving you know nothing about engines or the auto industry in general. The 6.2 is a cast iron boat anchor, it’s was a slow fuel hog. Not to inundate you with more factual information, but the 6.2 is dead even in Super Duty and E-Series, it’s out of production entirely. It was an engine of mediocre performance and a lot of compromises. You don’t “know what most people would have went with” because you have no data, no facts, no basic understanding of this entire conversation.
500hp is all that's needed in a raptor...
According to who, you? The guy that thinks a Mustang FPC engine can be adapted to a truck application with some cam and intake changes lol?? Seriously just stop. The 450HP/510lb 3.5 is a perfect standard powertrain in the Raptor and is the ideal choice for most, myself included. Just because you’re too simple minded to get over cylinder count doesn’t changed that.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about based on your posts. It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with the subject matter. Remember when you claimed Ford could have “easily” offered a SCAB G3 because the frame was already on a regular F-150? Then you got schooled on basic manufacturing? Lol please. Just stop.

Now you just sound like a Sasquatch. G2 engine was never in a “Taurus”, it was all new for 2017 and shares 70% of its parts with the Ford GT. Nobody cares what you think because you have proven that you know absolutely nothing. I posted the interview transcript with Ford’s VP and all you did was come up with a ridiculous conspiracy theory. You’re just making a mockery of yourself at this point.

Once again proving you know nothing about engines or the auto industry in general. The 6.2 is a cast iron boat anchor, it’s was a slow fuel hog. Not to inundate you with more factual information, but the 6.2 is dead even in Super Duty and E-Series, it’s out of production entirely. It was an engine of mediocre performance and a lot of compromises. You don’t “know what most people would have went with” because you have no data, no facts, no basic understanding of this entire conversation.

According to who, you? The guy that thinks a Mustang FPC engine can be adapted to a truck application with some cam and intake changes lol?? Seriously just stop. The 450HP/510lb 3.5 is a perfect standard powertrain in the Raptor and is the ideal choice for most, myself included. Just because you’re too simple minded to get over cylinder count doesn’t changed that.
You're right man. You sure showed me and all of them you're right. Good job fordgodone.

I'll now bow and kneel to your all knowing knowledge.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're right man. You sure showed me and all of them you're right. Good job fordgodone.

I'll now bow and kneel to your all knowing knowledge.
You made a fool of yourself in the other thread and you’re doing the same here. Your posts consist of nothing more than baseless speculation and ridiculous claims with nothing to support them. The fact that you think the G2/GT engine was used in the Taurus and that an FPC engine can be adapted to a truck application are the nails in the coffin.