Raptor R vs TRX Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Second Generation 3.5 is unrelated to the Duratec or “D35”, Gen 1 3.5 was a derivative of that engine. It was an all new design in 2017. The Raptor shares approximately 60% of its parts with Ford GT. The rumor that it’s related to the old Duratec engines was started by some cavemen attempting to slander anything that isn’t a G1.
Just going off what the ole google machine told me.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Soooo…..you’ll report back to us w/ all the differences then lol? I keep saying this….but I want a mustang w/ a 3.5HO & a stick shift, throw on a monster IC & a tune & have fun
Yep, that would be an awesome combo! Fords never going to do it though. It would take too much away from the v8 fanbois. The ttv6 is the reason I bought my 2018. Back in my youth I ran a straight 6 (w/mods) in my hotrod and whipped MANY small and big block v8s. It was much more fun to beat the folks running the mass go-to setups with a highly refined 6cyl rocket. Acceleration is all about power-to-weight and heavy-assed iron v8 lumps are my favorite target, mainly because they’re mostly like ol’ downs137 person(?) with no skill, only mouth/attitude.

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure bud. At least they sold one raptor because it had a 6cyl. Glad your happy with your buzzy, unbalanced 6 banger that will need the cab lifted off soon.

I thought this was the V8 raptor R vs TRX thread?

Maybe close this one up too since it's so off topic now

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sure bud. At least they sold one raptor because it had a 6cyl. Glad your happy with your buzzy, unbalanced 6 banger that will need the cab lifted off soon.

I thought this was the V8 raptor R vs TRX thread?

Maybe close this one up too since it's so off topic now
Geeze, not everyone wants the baller package. I use my truck for work and drive a lot. Raptor wasn't even on my radar until I drove one, now I can't quit them. :p But, I can say I wouldn't have bought one if it got $hit mpg. So that makes 2 of us.

I would say the engine is one of the best things about the truck.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geeze, not everyone wants the baller package. I use my truck for work and drive a lot. Raptor wasn't even on my radar until I drove one, now I can't quit them. :p But, I can say I wouldn't have bought one if it got $hit mpg. So that makes 2 of us.

I would say the engine is one of the best things about the truck.

It's not a bad engine, but there could have been plenty of better options.. I literally average worse mpg than my 6.2L "boat anchor" 12.7 vs 13.1, and of course it's needing phasers done soon..

I'm not a raptoR buyer either but at least they're bringing the engine every one wanted to begin with.