Raptor R Scheduling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been scouring the threads and see very little posted about this.
My understanding is that Ford schedules vehicles for production every Thursday.
For the last three or four weeks, it seems no new Raptor R’s have been scheduled for production.
I am number three at a large West Texas dealership (that has eight allocations), and the first two R’s have been delivered, so I am next.
THe General Manager told me three weeks ago that Ford had changed my Priority Code to 1, and therefore he thought scheduling was imminent. Now three Thursdays have passed and it’s crickets. Mine has not scheduled for production and I don’t see anyone on this forum recently reporting their R order has scheduled.
Is this 100% because of the transmission oil leak issue?
Any info would be appreciated.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of Members got scheduled for April last week and a few got bumped from march to April. But yes past few weeks been really quiet seems like shipping and production was halted since early Feb for the R’s

Reaction score
I strongly suspect it's related to the Rs leaking oil - perhaps a weak-link in the supply chain or manf. line is the cause and they're trying to rectify before putting more trucks into the market? I read that these Rs leaking oil, have been sitting at their dealers for 3-4 weeks (similar timeframe).

Anyone else have a theory?

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone who had blend date late Jan/Feb their trucks are sitting in an offsite lot waiting to be released to shipping. Even though they show “in production” FP says they are built. That’s all anyone will tell you nothing else. Dealers don’t know anything either.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the last three or four weeks, it seems no new Raptor R’s have been scheduled for production.
I am number three at a large West Texas dealership (that has eight allocations), and the first two R’s have been delivered, so I am next.
THe General Manager told me three weeks ago that Ford had changed my Priority Code to 1, and therefore he thought scheduling was imminent. Now three Thursdays have passed and it’s crickets. Mine has not scheduled for production and I don’t see anyone on this forum recently reporting their R order has scheduled.
My dealer told me that my order was being picked up by ford on Feb 1st. My dealer finally notified me on 3/1 with a Vin and a build date.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also in same boat. I am #3 at my dealership and the first 2 have been delivered. My dealer is only getting 6 R's. 2nd week of February dealer called saying mine was up next then on Feb 16 sent message my order had been bumped to Priority 01. It seems to me 30 days or so after being called in they would get scheduled so I am hoping next week I will get that much awaited call with a VIN and schedule date. For sure hard being patient. I ordered my R within 30 minutes of order bank being open on July 18th but of course was 3rd on list. I did not want my truck early on and figured as long as it showed by june or july that would be great more time to raise the $$ needed. But now getting way over anxious waiting.

I do think the oil leaks and other issues found have direct relation for none being scheduled for a while until very recent. Hoping issues are ironed out before mine shows up.

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
My Raptor R has been stuck in production for two months.
Dealer says it’s waiting on computer chips. I sense they really don’t know. My gut says it’s leaking oil somewhere in Dearborn. Ford really needs to get this right. I cancelled a Bronco order when I heard about the Raptor R. Sales manager at the dealer bought the bronco. It took a really long time for it to show. Summertime is coming and I am not getting any younger!

RapGen

Reaction score
I am not sure if this helps anyone, but this was my timeline:

Order Confirmed - 09/07/2022

Scheduled Week Of - 12/08/2022

In Production - 12/09/2022

Built - 12/22/2022

Shipped - 02/04/2023

Final Preparation/Delivered - 03/09/2023

I’ve heard the rail issues are causing massive delays across the board.

I’ve had my truck since Thursday and haven’t noticed any oil in my driveway. Does anyone know if the truck is leaking oil or burning oil? I used to have a 96 Nissan pickup that burned oil. I had to add a quart every month after it hit 100K miles. It never leaked oil on the pavement, but that thing drank it like crazy. No white smoke, nothing.

I also had a 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it burned oil. I had to add about a quart every six months after it hit 3 years and 30K miles.

My 2021 Mercedes GLE 63 S has had to have a quart added since it was new (Aside from oil changes.). That oil is also getting burned off, no leaks in the driveway. I’ve put 26K miles on it in 2 years.

I’m just curious if there are leaks on a lot of these or all of them so I can put something down on my driveway…

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score

Built - 12/22/2022

Shipped - 02/04/2023

I’ve had my truck since Thursday and haven’t noticed any oil in my driveway. Does anyone know if the truck is leaking oil or burning oil? I used to have a 96 Nissan pickup that burned oil. I had to add a quart every month after it hit 100K miles. It never leaked oil on the pavement, but that thing drank it like crazy. No white smoke, nothing.

I also had a 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it burned oil. I had to add about a quart every six months after it hit 3 years and 30K miles.

My 2021 Mercedes GLE 63 S has had to have a quart added since it was new (Aside from oil changes.). That oil is also getting burned off, no leaks in the driveway. I’ve put 26K miles on it in 2 years.

I’m just curious if there are leaks on a lot of these or all of them so I can put something down on my driveway…
Pics first--then we can answer questions :)

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Built - 12/22/2022

Shipped - 02/04/2023

Pics or Prius

200.gif