Raptor R Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping that this raptor R would have a better build quality, but it still suffers from that. We still see the loose transmission lines, and now many issues seen with major engine oil leaks. These simply can't happen. This is a microcosm of the much larger problems that Ford has, and why Farley has one foot out the door at Ford. I can't see him employed by Ford much longer after his catastrophic lack of knowledge, and lack of answers to his stakeholders. Back on topic, I think the TRX is the better buy at this point.
Dspankie is back.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that this raptor R would have a better build quality, but it still suffers from that. We still see the loose transmission lines, and now many issues seen with major engine oil leaks. These simply can't happen. This is a microcosm of the much larger problems that Ford has, and why Farley has one foot out the door at Ford. I can't see him employed by Ford much longer after his catastrophic lack of knowledge, and lack of answers to his stakeholders. Back on topic, I think the TRX is the better buy at this point.

I’m lucky I’m problem free thus far although I think a later build I think than the earliest R’s.

Bigtrim

Reaction score
I hear all the troubles with the R on this forum but after what seemed like forever, the R was in my driveway this week. No oil issues, no transmission issues, and scary fricken fast. I think some of the waiting we had to do was to fix these first year issues before delivery. So far I say Bravo Ford, you have made history.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current set up. The TRX is amazing. The powertrain is so fun. I have the Tyrant version which has 787HP at the crank. The truck is scary fast. I like the overall interior in the TRX better. Sound system is better. The Raptor wins for comfort and ride. Such a stark contrast in engine sound and performance between the Hellcat and Ecoboost.
Just heard yesterday I finally got an R allocation. Plan to trade the 2022 CO for it when it gets built/delivered. Then I’ll have both to do some fun comparisons. At the end of the day both of these super trucks are amazing and very lucky to have them

Attachments

• A20C3D33-836A-42D6-8478-380563EB3178.jpeg
    A20C3D33-836A-42D6-8478-380563EB3178.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 86ADB50D-AF7B-440B-B569-EB32B46DB102.jpeg
    86ADB50D-AF7B-440B-B569-EB32B46DB102.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 14

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The oil leaks on the new Raptor are embarassing for Ford, but it's not a serious problem- long term at least. Oil lines, supports, connections and fittings can be revsied, pans can be redesigned etc. It's all external stuff having teething issues.