Raptor R Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
As a former pedestrian EcoBoost Raptor owner (and now TRX owner), I’ve enjoyed watching what the R brings to the table. It’s one hell of a truck! And when comparing MSRP to MSRP to a similarly equipped TRX, it may be the better truck. That said, I appreciated the following review. Not really anything we don’t know, but it’s refreshing to see an honest and open minded review.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Apart from some trim pieces, I enjoy the Raptor interior to the TRX. Not a huge fan of the vertical screens and old school tach's
Yeah the screen is too much no doubt and apparently has a lot of issues, I’d rather it smaller! They did fully digital the info display finally as well on the newest versions. But from what I have seen TRX to new raptor I prefer the TRX interior personally. Just feels nicer and for these prices it sure as heck should impress.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the screen is too much no doubt and apparently has a lot of issues, I’d rather it smaller! They did fully digital the info display finally as well on the newest versions. But from what I have seen TRX to new raptor I prefer the TRX interior personally. Just feels nicer and for these prices it sure as heck should impress.
The suede is nice, but in the long run it doesn't hold up. Loved in in my OG lighting years ago, but after ahwile its gets pretty beat. I think the raptors will wear better over the longterm.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a former pedestrian EcoBoost Raptor owner (and now TRX owner), I’ve enjoyed watching what the R brings to the table. It’s one hell of a truck! And when comparing MSRP to MSRP to a similarly equipped TRX, it may be the better truck. That said, I appreciated the following review. Not really anything we don’t know, but it’s refreshing to see an honest and open minded review.

I watched that last week. He gun to the head picked the TRX. I’ve have/had both. The R for daily driving rides better than the TRX. That’s actually important to me. It’s noticeable. Other stuff is probably opinion based, interior etc.

R is slightly faster than the TRX. Again not a huge deal, the R from what I can tell off road is way more capable. My .10 C

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pick function over form... Better off road, faster, rides better... Raptor gets my vote, but I may be a little biased...

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pick function over form... Better off road, faster, rides better... Raptor gets my vote, but I may be a little biased...
People used to say that to me until they found out I have both. The TRX is a fine machine. The R to me looks better, and slightly performs better with the added bonus of riding better.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Apart from some trim pieces, I enjoy the Raptor interior to the TRX. Not a huge fan of the vertical screens and old school tach's
I prefer my old school tach, but I’d trade my 12” screen for a 10” screen and some hard buttons for the climate control that Ford does.