Raptor R realistic fuel economy expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from TFL's Raptor R in-depth video. Maybe it takes a couple tanks to calibrate or the media people are mashing the pedal every time they get in it. 59 miles to empty on just under a half tank. I hope it's not right.TFL Screenshot.jpg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are driving the **** out of them vehicles... testing and whatnots. Like I said, Henry said 16.3MPG.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is from TFL's Raptor R in-depth video. Maybe it takes a couple tanks to calibrate or the media people are mashing the pedal every time they get in it. 59 miles to empty on just under a half tank. I hope it's not right.View attachment 365654
It's probably off .... they burned more than half a tank going 46.9 miles. LOL

RedrumOut

Reaction score
I agree with people saying if you can afford the truck you can afford the gas. I don’t know if anyone else seen it in one of the videos Ford released on the debut day, there was 1/2 of a tank on the gauges and it read 191 miles till empty. Now granted they’re beating the ******* off of the truck, my Gen2 at half tank says 291. So unless Ethereum goes the way of Bitcoin in 2021, I’m out!

Last edited:

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is buying a R that gives a damn about the MPGs?
The same exact people who would continually point out that the regular raptor gets better mpg than the trx Ohhh how the turntables have… (insert micheal Scott)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This is from TFL's Raptor R in-depth video. Maybe it takes a couple tanks to calibrate or the media people are mashing the pedal every time they get in it. 59 miles to empty on just under a half tank. I hope it's not right.View attachment 365654
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. You would think that a brand new, never started truck would start at 0 mpg, plus it shows the truck has only moved 49 miles since it was built. Probably been sitting around idling mostly and revving the engine because everyone wants to hear what it sounds like.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. You would think that a brand new, never started truck would start at 0 mpg, plus it shows the truck has only moved 49 miles since it was built. Probably been sitting around idling mostly and revving the engine because everyone wants to hear what it sounds like.
I don't put much stock in ANYTHING from TFL...