Raptor R realistic fuel economy expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your final MPG is incorrect...it looks like you averaged the individual MPG values rather than dividing your totals miles driven (1053) by total gas used (80.891), which would give you 13.018 MPG. How dare you report an absurdly high and unrealistic 13.030 MPG! ;)

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know those of you who are buying an R are more than likely not concerned about fuel economy. That said, I just did a trip to Seattle and back with my dad in the TRX, and I kept a record of fuel economy for fun. I think the R is going to be pretty damn close to the TRX in fuel economy. Here’s is what y’all can more than likely expect.

View attachment 364896
I have neighbor with a TRX, driven daily, towed, long road trips, tried to be conservative, etc., all the experiments of an enthusiasts / gear head / fab shop owner, and he's never seen 12 mpg in over 8,000 miles so far, and he's tried really hard to get 12 mpg or above, and he couldn't make it happen. Just saying.