Raptor R realistic fuel economy expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
The same exact people who would continually point out that the regular raptor gets better mpg than the trx Ohhh how the turntables have… (insert micheal Scott)
I thought that a while back, but didn’t want to point out the obvious.

kimrapta

Reaction score
I know those of you who are buying an R are more than likely not concerned about fuel economy. That said, I just did a trip to Seattle and back with my dad in the TRX, and I kept a record of fuel economy for fun. I think the R is going to be pretty damn close to the TRX in fuel economy. Here’s is what y’all can more than likely expect.

View attachment 364896
What’s the best mode to drive in for fuel economy Ford raptor 2023 sucking fuel like a jet plane currently

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the best mode to drive in for fuel economy Ford raptor 2023 sucking fuel like a jet plane currently
You can get 15-17MPG by using the 2018 Raptor in my driveway...just leave your keys to your R under the floormat when you pick my 2018 up.

supratoy

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong, or my R is broke..... I get an average of 7.2 MPG!!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T
I must be doing something wrong, or my R is broke..... I get an average of 7.2 MPG!!
That's pretty low.

Me and my son just did a 650 mile trip each way to FL towing identical 3K lbs boats and I averaged 11.4 in the R and he averaged 11.2 MPG in his SC Gen 1 when we checked once we got home. Same fuel stops and we cruised at 76MPH on I-95.

R,
HAP