Raptor R realistic fuel economy expectations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have neighbor with a TRX, driven daily, towed, long road trips, tried to be conservative, etc., all the experiments of an enthusiasts / gear head / fab shop owner, and he's never seen 12 mpg in over 8,000 miles so far, and he's tried really hard to get 12 mpg or above, and he couldn't make it happen. Just saying.
Air is thinner at altitude. I get an mpg or two more in the inter mountain west than I do on the coast. Hot temps help as well.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My '85 3/4ton 4 wheel drive Ford F250 would average just at 12, (460V8 and 4 speed manual) whether or not I towed 21 foot boat, or my Jeep CJ-5, or nothing at all, but needed premium.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet is very similar to the TRX. It’s a bit lighter which helps but has bigger tires which should even it out.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember someone on a YT video recenty who had talked to one of the Ford Engineers saying the supposed numbers were to expect 8-10 in the City and 10-12 on the Highway.
For going off-road and SHTF, I think I'd rather boost the 3.5 Eco with a Goosetuned programmer and get the off-road range/distance with a bunch of overland gear in/on the bed, SVC suspension upgrades, E-Clik susp tune, and ADD bumpers with Rigids mounted.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I remember someone on a YT video recenty who had talked to one of the Ford Engineers saying the supposed numbers were to expect 8-10 in the City and 10-12 on the Highway.
For going off-road and SHTF, I think I'd rather boost the 3.5 Eco with a Goosetuned programmer and get the off-road range/distance with a bunch of overland gear in/on the bed, SVC suspension upgrades, E-Clik susp tune, and ADD bumpers with Rigids mounted.
The EcoPoop is no doubt a better vehicle for range. I regularly saw 500 miles per tank on my 2020 Raptor. It wasn’t so much the cost to fill up that was hard to adjust to, it was losing 100-150 miles per tank. It’s something to be aware of if you go off-road.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless I am sitting at 19.3MPG... 412 miles to go and gone 238 miles.. but lets go medium block v8! I'm excited to see these numbers seriously.