Raptor R price guessing game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Ford wants the price of the R to hit six figures (US) from a purely psychological perspective.

MrClean

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Ford wants the price of the R to hit six figures (US) from a purely psychological perspective.
I think that logic is out the window in today’s market. The mustang GT500 CFTP with painted stripes has an MSRP over 106k. If the mustang can do it, the F150 can do it. Just my 2 cents though.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difference between a Mach 1 with the 5.0 and the GT500 is about $20k. I guess I wouldnt be surpirsed to see $100k. But I'm not sure the engine will be more than a 7-10k premium over the base.

I just hope my 22 37 package sweetens the deal with my dealership.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the R will be a limited number build. They will build to demand, and I suspect that demand will be very high if you have two Raptor specs (v6 and v8) in front of you.
If you are buying a Raptor, and have both specs to choose from, the v8 selection is a no-brainer.
I am fully prepared to pay TRX pricing for this… I can’t imagine that it would be any more or any less. I am ready to place my order.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t think the R will be a limited number build. They will build to demand, and I suspect that demand will be very high if you have two Raptor specs (v6 and v8) in front of you.
If you are buying a Raptor, and have both specs to choose from, the v8 selection is a no-brainer.
I am fully prepared to pay TRX pricing for this… I can’t imagine that it would be any more or any less. I am ready to place my order.
Exactly, the gas guzzling v8 would be about 10% of sales and probably only run for 1 year, at best... Absolute no brainer to take the truck that gets about 20-25% better economy to cater to the Jen Juan owners who have been complaining about EMPEEGEEES for 12 years now...

One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Of course we won’t have to worry about having a choice because the supercharged v8 Raptor won’t make it to the open market. :p The TRX will wind down and Dodge will come out with a new power plant to compete with.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, the gas guzzling v8 would be about 10% of sales and probably only run for 1 year, at best... Absolute no brainer to take the truck that gets about 20-25% better economy to cater to the Jen Juan owners who have been complaining about EMPEEGEEES for 12 years now...

One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Of course we won’t have to worry about having a choice because the supercharged v8 Raptor won’t make it to the open market. :p The TRX will wind down and Dodge will come out with a new power plant to compete with.

It will be fun to watch the sales numbers. With the amount of people abandoning the ecoboost in favor of the hellcat, there is definitely pent up demand for a Ford V8 in this Raptor.

I love how you hang your hat on mpg's. Completely stupid to make that comparison since we already know that ecpoboost gets distinctly shit mpg for what it is. Why? Cause you always have to be in boost to get the thing to move. The V8 will not have that same issue and I would bet that real world empeegees will be same as the ecoboost.
Also, please explain... why are there so many gen 2 gen 3 threads of "need mo power!"????? Or, why so many threads that say "how do you make the ecoboost sound good?" You yourself went the AWE route to make yourself feel better. Guess what, still sounds like a queefe.

All of this is to say, I will be ecstatic to have the 5.2 SC Raptor in my garage next to my 5.8 SC Shelby:) I will bet that the ecoboost raptor sales drop... it will be very fun to watch this.

RippRaptor

Reaction score
I’d say its going to start at 97k but think its only going to get offered to an elite group kind of like Ford does with the Ford GT