Raptor R price guessing game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am totally taking credit for trolling Ford into a V8 Raptor if it is ever released to the public, which it won’t be.

They trolled you much harder with the Sasquatch edition, ECOBOOST powered Bronco. That was an epic troll, admittedly a junior varsity internet troll.

Bring on the new Raptor, Vaporware Edition!
Sounds like you are are sour grapes over having an inferior raptor.

There won’t be many options. They’ll all be 801a 37” trucks. Maybe you’ll be able to option the sunroof, but I bet they’ll all come with Recaros too.

If you think everyone with a 3.5 is just gonna jump ship for the R you’re nuts, there’s 0% chance Ford is gonna make that many. Besides, many of us have much faster cars for speed thrills. I simply don’t understand the purpose of a 700+hp, 3 ton pickup that can’t go any faster off road than the 450hp version. And getting 7-8mpg on the street and probably half that off road? Again, I don’t get it but that’s just me.
Really, have you seen the window stickers... I think there were 12 total documented and had an array of options.
Also, the R is not a "limited edition"...... no more than the regular Raptor is a limited edition. Ford will make as many as people want.
You are kidding yourself by saying "oh, I have a fun fast weekend car"... .albeit that ratty GT350... can't stand those things as they sound so stupid. It has been the ricer of Mustangs and embarassing slow at that. I get it is a purpose built car for curves.... just needed the 5.8sc engine. The point is if I am driving something, I want to have fun. The ecoboost raptor just doesn't do it compared to a Raptor R. That's the win right there. When you are at a stoplight and want to have fun, you can't say "oh, wait, let me go home and get my other vehicle and I will really roast you".

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Really, have you seen the window stickers... I think there were 12 total documented and had an array of options.
Also, the R is not a "limited edition"...... no more than the regular Raptor is a limited edition. Ford will make as many as people want.
You are kidding yourself by saying "oh, I have a fun fast weekend car"... .albeit that ratty GT350... can't stand those things as they sound so stupid. It has been the ricer of Mustangs and embarassing slow at that. I get it is a purpose built car for curves.... just needed the 5.8sc engine. The point is if I am driving something, I want to have fun. The ecoboost raptor just doesn't do it compared to a Raptor R. That's the win right there. When you are at a stoplight and want to have fun, you can't say "oh, wait, let me go home and get my other vehicle and I will really roast you".

Oh no, you hurt my feelings and now I feel sad and inadequate.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That information has not been released. So you’re posting baseless speculation as usual.
You are kidding yourself by saying "oh, I have a fun fast weekend car"... .albeit that ratty GT350... can't stand those things as they sound so stupid. It has been the ricer of Mustangs and embarassing slow at that. I get it is a purpose built car for curves.... just needed the 5.8sc engine.
The GT350 is a world class track car and the 5.2 Voodoo perfectly suits that application. They sound anything but “stupid”, which is what you sound like when you call a GT350 a “ricer”. The 5.8 S/C weighs over 200lbs more (634lbs vs 431lbs) than the 5.2; that would have destroyed the GT350’s balance and handling. But I’m sure you can’t comprehend that considering you think a 6.2 is the pinnacle of performance.
The point is if I am driving something, I want to have fun. The ecoboost raptor just doesn't do it compared to a Raptor R. That's the win right there. When you are at a stoplight and want to have fun, you can't say "oh, wait, let me go home and get my other vehicle and I will really roast you".
You’ve never owned a Gen 2 or 3, so you wouldn’t know. You nothing more than a pathetic Sasquatch.

Last edited:

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ecoboost raptor just doesn't do it compared to a Raptor R. That's the win right there. When you are at a stoplight and want to have fun, you can't say "oh, wait, let me go home and get my other vehicle and I will really roast you".

in Sport mode i have a lot of fun racing with very fast cars!
i am not speaking at red light aka SB but in small twisted road in Oregon forest,as much fun at the track with my mustang 2003 cobra.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What? No way. Why would you say I are sour grapes? I am loving life and happy to be alive. Plus, mom and dad taught me to work hard, pay attention to my teachers so I wouldn’t make embarrassing grammatical errors while trolling on the internet and so I’d be able to afford a really nice house and vehicles of my own.

I just got back from Raptoring, in my awesome Raptor, so I am going to go have a beer in the garage with my Raptor, then I will probably grab another pint, just to spend more time with Lucille, who is the most awesome Raptor, EVER, and then I’ll probably come in to relax and think about more stuff I might do in my Raptor. Last month it was drive in the sand on the beach... and not get stuck like some unwashed peasant-troll. Who knows what it will be next month.

But you do you.

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
Even though I dont see it passing 100k msrp, I doubt anyone will ever get one for less than that. Ford needs to start direct selling to customers especially for these performance vehicles.

We don't deserve to be taken advantage of because we can afford it. Ford can at least give us priority for invites or orders without the dealer games.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Even though I dont see it passing 100k msrp, I doubt anyone will ever get one for less than that. Ford needs to start direct selling to customers especially for these performance vehicles.

We don't deserve to be taken advantage of because we can afford it. Ford can at least give us priority for invites or orders without the dealer games.
100% reason I’m leaning to the trx, life long ford guy , all my plumbing vans are fords but if there is a 50k difference for 20hp that’s a no brainer. I’m sure both trucks will be awesome but if it’s comparing a 300k Lamborghini or a 500k mclaren the differences are so small that the price becomes the deciding factor for most. That is unless you are sponsored Baja race truck driver then the minor details might give the edge but at that point you are destroying the truck so winning a high profile race becomes to factor . 99.95 people won’t be doing that

Southocplumber

Reaction score

Dealers are really ducking people over right now , I hope they get what’s coming to them , people remember these things and I could give a f if they all go belly up and are replaced with certified mechanics that actually have a skill set and trade , unlike like salesmen who’s skill is f ing you over