Raptor R Orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, but that is impossible?! 6 allocations!? (Facetiousness) I plan to ride some folks like Seabiscuit on this topic (refer to the earlier section of the thread). I'll wait though.

I really hope the dealers that say they have the high number of allocations get them. I honestly do. That means a higher number of Rs being produced. My post was not to offend anyone. It is just rather questionable when some dealers get an allocation of 8 and then considerable sized dealers get none.
After my call to your dealer, and the rather "fishy" explanation on their allocation of 8 Rs (due to the SURPLUS of Rs not being claimed by other dealers??????) it is not without warrant to be a little skeptical.

I am in no way of malice towards those who get an R. I think it is absolutely awesome. Great for you. Sure I wish I could garner one. The 3 dealers I tried , and had my name with did not get one.

No, I am not going to pay a crazy ADM. Yea, I would do a $10K ADM. No more.

Sam

FloridaFireMedic

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to 1966 F100 Raptor except for the MSRP...GM called me to say they had 6 R allocations, and that I was one of two customers they are placing orders for. I don't know what they are doing with the other four.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in this game for a while, over ten years in trying (and succeeding) to get Ford Performance cars at sticker. From experience, working with a smaller, maybe family run dealership is key. Big multi-dealer corporate shops do not and will not care about loyalty whatsoever. If they're publicly traded then they're even worse as every deal has their stock price in consideration, monthly nuts to crack etc. They take orders and you're just a number to them. Unless you have a fleet account with them and run a large business requiring trucks annually etc you can forget about being paid attention to unless you're willing to get bent over. And the shlubs who are in sales at these big dealerships are usually arrogant, won't call back, are pretty sloppy in their product knowledge and customer satisfaction. Half of them don't even shower before work :lol2:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in this game for a while, over ten years in trying (and succeeding) to get Ford Performance cars at sticker. From experience, working with a smaller, maybe family run dealership is key. Big multi-dealer corporate shops do not and will not care about loyalty whatsoever. If they're publicly traded then they're even worse as every deal has their stock price in consideration, monthly nuts to crack etc. They take orders and you're just a number to them. Unless you have a fleet account with them and run a large business requiring trucks annually etc you can forget about being paid attention to unless you're willing to get bent over. And the shlubs who are in sales at these big dealerships are usually arrogant, won't call back, are pretty sloppy in their product knowledge and customer satisfaction. Half of them don't even shower before work :lol2:

Two of the dealers i had my name in are Family owned. They are still a medium sized dealer. The other was a large dealer. No go.

Sam

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger. I just bought a '12 SCrew and am nowhere near the target customer for the R, but the dealership still has an open allocation for an R (just confirmed 30 minutes ago with the new car manager). $30k ADM, $3k deposit.

Morrie's Minnetonka Ford (just west of Minneapolis, MN)
(612) 284-5826
or direct: Nate Stallings
952-543-7688

Last edited:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger. I just bought a '12 SCrew and am nowhere near the target customer for the R, but the dealership still has an open allocation for an R (just confirmed 30 minutes ago with the new car manager). $30k ADM, $3k deposit.

(612) 284-5826
952-543-7688
That is awesome. No reason to shoot you at all. Appreciate the info.

I would be all over it at $10K.

Sam

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reference to the number of allocations. My dealership had 1 and were told they wouldn’t get a regular raptor because of it. Not sure the truth of that but I’ve seen the email confirming the 1 allocation and 0 Regular.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Nate and left a message earlier. No reply.

Maybe in the morning.

Sam
That direct line was still a work number, and I think Sales hours end at 8pm CT on Thursdays. I’d try again at 9am CT today. I’m bringing my truck in this morning to get the remote start activated, so I can also poke my head in to follow up for you if you want to shoot me a DM.

Mike

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score

(612) 284-5826
952-543-7688
Interesting. This is my dealership and I've already paid a deposit a long time ago and been promised the first allocation of the R they get from upper management there. They may be getting others, I haven't heard recently, so this may be one of the others they get.

I may need to stop back in or call them